question-circle Mind of the Wilds + Telepathic Tracking

02 Jul 2019 06:43 #95710 by AlexSidor
Hi,
Question about playing Mind of the Wilds (An+Aus: If this action is blocked, this vampire gets an optional maneuver in the first round of the resulting combat, and the blocking minion cannot strike to end combat.) and then Telepathic Tracking (AUS: Only usable at the end of a round when both combatants are still ready and combat is about to end. The round ends, but combat does not end; another round starts).
Does blocking minion can play combat ends strike in the new round of the combat.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2019 06:59 #95712 by Ankha

Hi,
Question about playing Mind of the Wilds (An+Aus: If this action is blocked, this vampire gets an optional maneuver in the first round of the resulting combat, and the blocking minion cannot strike to end combat.) and then Telepathic Tracking (AUS: Only usable at the end of a round when both combatants are still ready and combat is about to end. The round ends, but combat does not end; another round starts).
Does blocking minion can play combat ends strike in the new round of the combat.

Thanks.

The blocking minion cannot strike to end combat during the whole action (including other rounds, or new combats created by Psyche! for instance).

groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/-euEN_y8ius/yrDIv--PZfsJ

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
02 Jul 2019 08:38 #95714 by Bloodartist

this vampire gets an optional maneuver in the first round of the resulting combat, and the blocking minion cannot strike to end combat.

What a terrible wording. The sentences should be separated by a full stop in my opinion. I've always read that card as "minion cannot strike to end combat DURING THE FIRST ROUND".

This probably changes a number of things in my rush combat decks.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
02 Jul 2019 08:54 - 02 Jul 2019 08:55 #95715 by Ankha

this vampire gets an optional maneuver in the first round of the resulting combat, and the blocking minion cannot strike to end combat.

What a terrible wording. The sentences should be separated by a full stop in my opinion. I've always read that card as "minion cannot strike to end combat DURING THE FIRST ROUND".

This probably changes a number of things in my rush combat decks.

It would be a terrible wording if it were supposed to work only during the first round. If you put a full stop the way you suggest, it's no longer correlated to the "if..." condition.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 02 Jul 2019 08:55 by Ankha.

More
02 Jul 2019 09:19 #95717 by Lönkka
Totally unclear wording. I'm so agreeing with Bloodartist.

Not everyone playing the game is an professor in english language. Plenty of foreigners are aboard in this game of ours. Whenever possible wording should be made so that they are clear and precise not ambivalent.

I fancy myself having pretty OK grasp of queen's english but this and several other examples totally lost me.

If someone brings up unclear wording it might be a good idea to consider that perhaps the wording could be made somewhat more clear.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
02 Jul 2019 11:29 #95721 by TwoRazorReign
I would say the current text is punctuated fine, but the card text does need clarification. I believe the reader would benefit from the following addition in bold: "..., and the blocking minion cannot strike to end combat for the duration of this action".

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds