file About bleed modifiers

23 Oct 2019 07:06 - 24 Oct 2019 10:12 #97516 by Ankha
About bleed modifiers was created by Ankha

No more than one action modifier card can be played to increase a bleed during a bleed action. Some bleed action modifiers explicitly state that they do not count against this limit; those can be played before or after modifiers that count against the limit. Players are reminded of this rule by the "(limited)" card text on some cards.

www.vekn.net/rulebook/6-minion-phase#6.1.1.bleed

Q: If you play Foreshadowing Destruction at superior on your prey with 9 or fewer pool and it is bounced to another player that has more than 9 pool, foreshadowing does not add to the bleed at all. Is that right? Was it always that way or just with the latest wording?
A: Yes, and it was always that way. Foreshadowing Destruction provides +3 bleed only if the target has less than 10 pool.

Q: Can I play another bleed modifier such as Conditioning after playing a Foreshadowing Destruction at superior?
A: You can if the target of the bleed has 10 pool or more since Foreshadowing Destruction does not increase the bleed amount in that case. Please note that it was not the case before since Foreshadowing Destruction used to prevent other action modifiers that increase the bleed to be played per card text. Now the limiting card text has been moved to the rulebook and does not care about the order.

Q: What about the other way round? Can I play Foreshadowing Destruction at superior after playing a Conditioning?
A: Same answer, you can play Foreshadowing Destruction if the target of the bleed has 10 pool or more since it does not increase the bleed amount in that case.

Q: Foreshadowing Destruction says that it is "(limited)". Doesn't it prevent other bleed modifiers from being played?
A: "(limited)" is just a hint to remind players that there is a rule about limits for bleed modifiers in the rulebook. The text has no effect by itself (that is why it is between parenthesis).

Q: A Conditioning is played and cancelled by a Direct Intervention. Can another bleed modifier be played? The rule says "No more than one action modifier card can be played to increase a bleed during a bleed action." and the Conditioning was played, right?
A: The Conditioning was played, but did not increase the bleed. Therefore it does not count against the limit, and another bleed modifier can be played.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 24 Oct 2019 10:12 by Ankha. Reason: Specified that Foreshadowing Destruction is played at superior in the relevant scenarios.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gandalf78, Ismeno, Palamedes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2019 07:25 #97517 by beslin igor
Replied by beslin igor on topic About bleed modifiers
" Q: Can I play another bleed modifier such as Conditioning after playing a Foreshadowing Destruction?
A: You can if the target of the bleed has 10 pool or more since Foreshadowing Destruction does not increase the bleed amount in that case. Please note that it was not the case before since Foreshadowing Destruction used to prevent other action modifiers that increase the bleed to be played per card text. Now the limiting card text has been moved to the rulebook and does not care about the order. "

Ankha what about scenario: A play vs B Foreshadowing Destruction (B has 9 pool),B bounce to C who have more than 10 pool,so I can play Conditioning,after that C bounce back to B,what happen?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Palamedes

More
23 Oct 2019 09:04 #97519 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic About bleed modifiers

" Q: Can I play another bleed modifier such as Conditioning after playing a Foreshadowing Destruction?
A: You can if the target of the bleed has 10 pool or more since Foreshadowing Destruction does not increase the bleed amount in that case. Please note that it was not the case before since Foreshadowing Destruction used to prevent other action modifiers that increase the bleed to be played per card text. Now the limiting card text has been moved to the rulebook and does not care about the order. "

Ankha what about scenario: A play vs B Foreshadowing Destruction (B has 9 pool),B bounce to C who have more than 10 pool,so I can play Conditioning,after that C bounce back to B,what happen?

Let's say the conditioning was basic for some reason too.

More
24 Oct 2019 10:10 - 24 Oct 2019 10:11 #97541 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic About bleed modifiers

Ankha what about scenario: A play vs B Foreshadowing Destruction (B has 9 pool),B bounce to C who have more than 10 pool,so I can play Conditioning

Assuming all cards are played at superior: yes, since Foreshadowing Destruction is no longer increasing the bleed at that point.

,after that C bounce back to B,what happen?

The minion has +6 bleed (+3 from Conditioning, +3 from Foreshadowing Destruction).

Prince of Paris, France
Last edit: 24 Oct 2019 10:11 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beslin igor

More
24 Oct 2019 10:14 #97542 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic About bleed modifiers

Let's say the conditioning was basic for some reason too.

Everything above applies to Foreshadowing Destruction played at superior. At inferior, it's a regular bleed modifier. (I've updated the original post).
Playing Conditioning at superior or inferior doesn't matter.

Prince of Paris, France

More
24 Oct 2019 14:09 #97545 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic About bleed modifiers
I wouldn't have guessed any of this. From the standpoint of mathematical operations +0 or +x, in the case of foreshadowing, is an entirely valid transformation operation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds