file Reality - Rescue from torpor

19 Jun 2020 14:02 #100142 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Reality - Rescue from torpor

When this has been pointed out to him, he then threatened to throw his toys out of the pram and refuse to provide rulings in the official V:EKN (i.e. BCP) Facebook group where the rules specifically say you can ask rules questions.

Not at all, I said that I prefered to answer on the forum for two reasons:
- I mostly answer on Facebook on my phone, which is not convenient to give lengthy answers
- history is kept on the forum, contrary to Facebook where it's lost pretty quickly.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2020 14:09 #100143 by jamesatzephyr

- I mostly answer on Facebook on my phone, which is not convenient to give lengthy answers
- history is kept on the forum, contrary to Facebook where it's lost pretty quickly.

"Preferring to answer on the forum" is absolutely not what you said. You started with:

"Perhaps I should stop answering rule questions on Facebook"

That is not the same as preferring one forum to another, it is threatening to stop using the Facebook forum entirely.

Please don't pretend you didn't write that, when you did.

More
19 Jun 2020 14:21 - 19 Jun 2020 14:23 #100145 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Reality - Rescue from torpor

"Preferring to answer on the forum" is absolutely not what you said. You started with:

"Perhaps I should stop answering rule questions on Facebook"

That is not the same as preferring one forum to another, it is threatening to stop using the Facebook forum entirely.

Please don't pretend you didn't write that, when you did.

Complete quote:

Perhaps I should stop answering rule questions on Facebook as I use it mostly on my phone (not a great device for lengthy explanation) and all rulings or explanations given there are lost in a few days (contrary to questions to the forum or the newsgroup, though the latest is not active anymore).

What I'll do from now on: create a topic on the VEKN forum to answer the question, and afterwards link that answer to the facebook topic.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 19 Jun 2020 14:23 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Charles_Bronson, Yomyael, lip

More
19 Jun 2020 14:22 #100146 by Sambomb

Official card text is: [chi] (D) Put Reality on a younger vampire. The vampire with this card cannot be the target of (D) actions, cannot act (except to burn this card), cannot block and cannot cast votes or ballots. That vampire can burn Reality as a +1 stealth action.

The question is about: "is rescuing my own vampire with Reality possible, or is it considered to be a (D) action"?

I answered hastily: Reality forbids actions that are directed, against this vampire. In that case, (D) doesn’t mean “typically directed” (so it cannot be removed) the same way than Sonar doesn’t work against actions that are not directed.

Sonar: [pro] +1 intercept, only usable against a (D) action.

So Reality is basically equivalent to Secure Haven in that matter “This minion cannot be the target of other Methuselahs' actions.” since the action must be taken by another Methuselah to make it directed when it targets a vampire you control.
Back to the question:
  • is rescuing my own vampire with Reality possible? => yes, since it’s not directed (and Reality cares about whether it’s directed or not)
  • or is it considered to be a (D) action => no, it’s undirected, since you control the target of the action.

TL;DR
A vampire in torpor with :chi: Reality could be rescued?
Only by other vampires of the same controller.

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

More
19 Jun 2020 14:34 #100147 by jamesatzephyr

What I'll do from now on: create a topic on the VEKN forum to answer the question, and afterwards link that answer to the facebook topic.

Where, as just demonstrated, you didn't even bother to explain what the answer was.

Why are people using an official BCP channel for asking rules questions treated as second class citizens? Has this stance been agreed by BCP? Why?

More
19 Jun 2020 14:36 #100148 by jamesatzephyr
Hi BCP, why is your Rules Director so actively hostile to answering rules questions from players in an official, BCP-run forum? Why do you have that forum, including for asking rules questions, if (presumably official) BCP policy is now to _not even post the answers there_. Please could you explain?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds