times Transfer himself to death

29 Aug 2011 06:54 - 25 Mar 2013 12:38 #9185 by fojtik
Hello,
is legal in some situation to transfer himself to death on tournament? And is legal to tranfer himself near to death (for example to one pool)?

Practical example: there are five players: A, B, C, D and E. Player C kills players D and E. Then player A which play combat deck kill all minions of players B and C. Can player C decide to tranfer himself to death? He have no chance for another point. And he decide to give point to player B. So there will not be game win.
Last edit: 25 Mar 2013 12:38 by Pascal Bertrand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2011 07:37 #9188 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Transfer himself to death
Other than Play to Win rule, there is nothing preventing you from self-ousting or near self-ousting.

More
29 Aug 2011 08:04 #9192 by Pascal Bertrand
Kiddo's answer is correct.
If C has absolutely no chance of getting more than 0, she may decide how to gain this 0 VP. This can be achieved via self-ousting.

More
29 Aug 2011 08:28 #9203 by KevinM

If [a Methuselah] has absolutely no chance of getting more than 0, she may decide how to gain this 0 VP. This can be achieved via self-ousting.

Everyone should note, however, that the individual who has final say on whether or not a player may self-oust is not the player themselves, but the head judge.

My suggestion is that if ANYONE at the table believes that the self-ousting player is able to easily achieve ANY VPs -- even 0.5 -- then the head judge should be called over to the table, have the situation explained to them, and the suspicious players should do their best to have the head judge rule the self-ousting player unable to self-oust.

In over one hundred tournaments that I have judged, players know better than to self-oust willy-nilly on me, because I tell everyone that I'm going to stop them from doing it if they are being poor sports and they are obviously able to get more than 0 VPs (which is the case with 99.99% of self-ousts). So, players at my tournaments just don't act this way, almost ever. They Play To Win.

It has happened twice, that I have had to rule a self-oust illegal and FORCE the player to continue playing. In one case, the player achieved 1 VP fairly easily, and almost got 2. In another case, the dumb ass got a Game Win.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
29 Aug 2011 08:32 #9204 by aahzmandius
C already has 2 VP, thus selfoust assured him that although he had not GW he had most VP in the game with player A of course.

Prince of Hradec Králové
:baal::DAI: :DEM: :OBT: :nec: :ani: :cap8:

More
29 Aug 2011 08:43 #9207 by fojtik
Ok, I change a little example situation:

5 players, A,B,C,D,E. Player C kills players D and E. Player A then put in torpor all B's minions and 1 of 3 C's minions. So player C still have two minions. But they have only bleed 1 and no chance to increase it. Player A have 20 pools (and four minions), Player B 6 pools and player C 3 pools. Player C have theoretical chance to win - he have ready minions an can bleed. Is legal for player C to oust himself?

This is real situation. I am player A and was little shocked when player C ousted himself. Head judge confirmed that it is ok.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds