times Transfer himself to death

29 Aug 2011 09:06 #9216 by fojtik

This is real situation. I am player A and was little shocked when player C ousted himself. Head judge confirmed that it is ok.

You shouldn't have gone backward so hard. Next time you have 20 pool, go forward and kill your prey and not your impotent predator. Then you could have ousted C at your leisure, giving you the GW.

Sorry but this is not answer. I only backrush and send to torpor one predator's vampire. So If I do not do it, it was illegal for him to oust himself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2011 09:13 - 29 Aug 2011 09:18 #9219 by Boris The Blade

You shouldn't have gone backward so hard. Next time you have 20 pool, go forward and kill your prey and not your impotent predator. Then you could have ousted C at your leisure, giving you the GW.

Or gone backwards harder: if D ousts E then C ousts D and A is the last one standing, A gets the GW.

The important point is: don't let one player score the first 2 VPs.
Last edit: 29 Aug 2011 09:18 by Boris The Blade.

More
29 Aug 2011 09:16 #9221 by fojtik

One of two READY minions in fact. The remaining ready minion had one blood.

Ok, but it was not backrush but blocking, when you tried rush my different vampire with fame...

In fact I prefere to discover if there is some determinate rule which can be used for self ousting.

For player C was situation really unpleasant. Player A have 4 vampires. 3 of them have permanent rush ability. There was a lot of time, no chance for time limit. But still have one ready vampire.

More
29 Aug 2011 09:17 #9222 by KevinM

Sorry but this is not answer. I only backrush and send to torpor one predator's vampire. So If I do not do it, it was illegal for him to oust himself?

It is impossible for us who were not there to make a judgement as to whether or not it was "illegal". The judge made a decision. Hopefully it was the correct one.

What I'm saying is that something caused C to want to self oust, and perhaps it was your rushing his minion. Because if you took zero actions against him, then why would he wish to self-oust after gaining 2vp? It's possible, but much less likely, that he would have self-ousted right then. Maybe he would have tried to team-up with B, maybe he would have tried to work out a way to oust you. At the very least, he should sit back and do nothing and gain 0.5 addition VP for a timeout, right? Because if he sits and does nothing, and B ousts him anyway, that's the same as him self-ousting, and THAT is a reason the judge could have disallowed his self-oust. But if you're going to beat him up, even one minion per turn, and he cannot defend against you, well, that is a possible reason to self-oust.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: aahzmandius

More
29 Aug 2011 09:20 #9223 by aahzmandius
Only for your clarification. You torporized one of my minions in combat after blocking and one was backrushed.

Prince of Hradec Králové
:baal::DAI: :DEM: :OBT: :nec: :ani: :cap8:

More
29 Aug 2011 09:27 - 29 Aug 2011 09:44 #9225 by Boris The Blade

In fact I prefere to discover if there is some determinate rule which can be used for self ousting.

There is no such thing. If the head judge ruled it legal, then it was.

From what both of you say, it sounds like the main question is not so much about the number of minions and pool totals, but whose combat trumps the other. What were the decks?

For player C was situation really unpleasant. Player A have 4 vampires. 3 of them have permanent rush ability. There was a lot of time, no chance for time limit. But still have one ready vampire.

If you acknowledge that C cannot oust you and cannot hope for a time limit, then it is clear: C may self-oust. How many minions and pool he has is irrelevant.
Last edit: 29 Aug 2011 09:44 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds