file The KICKSTARTER Concept

24 Mar 2011 21:41 #2827 by Dervish
Replied by Dervish on topic Re: The KICKSTARTER Concept
While Adoni's language may have sounded pedantic, I do not believe he intended to insult or demean anyone. As we all know from our time on the internet, tone of voice does not exist here.

I would postulate that this sentence was what led to the confusion in tone "Let's break it down so that you are sure to understand it." and consider it in person, with a little enthusiasm and I think you'll not see sting there.

Best regards,
David

More evidence that your deck need not be good in order to win:
thelasombra.com/decks/twd.htm#2011tottco
:THA::OBF::OBE::PRO::CHI::ravn:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2011 06:23 #2834 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: The KICKSTARTER Concept

Suoli,

Nor their utility, do you have a point here?

Some new players may recognize the utility of Ashurs and Deep Songs or just know that they want to have those cards. Some new players may recognize the value of them. Some that recognize their value may guess that they're not included in the sale. These groups may overlap but probably not completely.

I tihnk without those cards, it is a WONDERFUL value for new players.

David

I agree.

More
25 Mar 2011 08:20 #2837 by wastaz
Replied by wastaz on topic Re: The KICKSTARTER Concept
I just have to say that I think this is a fantastic idea. I'm a new player and while I have managed to grab myself a good amount of cards already I'm lacking in the anarch and bloodlines departments (which is kind of annoying since I was a huge fan of both the True Brujah and the anarch movement in the RPG and would love to play some decks revolving around those). Only (very minor) complaint I have is that the auctions ends at 4am in my timezone...so I'll probably get sniped by someone at the last minute... ;)

Great idea though!

More
25 Mar 2011 14:37 #2855 by brandonsantacruz

Now this is unnecessary. Why the hostility to interest in your sales?

I agree, your post is unnecessary.
There is no hostility in my post, any tone of voice you attribute to my comments is purely in your mind.

Being an educated buyer is extremely important on ebay or you will buy a lot of trash that you never intended to receive. Learning how to parse a sales presentation is a critical skill that will carry over well to playing good V:TES due to understanding card interaction.

Also, ebay has a way for legitimate sales questions to be asked for the benefit of buyers. Ebay is the right place for that type of question.

When will you be selling your KICKSTARTERs Brandon?

Thank you for proving that when you assume, you make an ass out of u & me.

I'm not selling any of these sets of cards, or any cards. I do think that it is a good idea. It's also a good idea for people to know, without too much guess work, what they are buying. It's not reasonable to assume players will know to expect zero copies of commons deemed "valuable." What is the cut-off? Some go for about $1, while Ashurs go for some absurd amount of money. No, I don't want to debate why I feel Ashurs are too expensive....

I think common courtesy is no vice.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
27 Mar 2011 19:44 #2890 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: The KICKSTARTER Concept
Evidently there is very little interest in this type of package.
Six of the first eight auctions were sold to a card reseller.
Great luck for him.

More
27 Mar 2011 19:45 #2891 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: The KICKSTARTER Concept

I think common courtesy is no vice.

And yet you mock a tournament reporter for using different letters to represent victory points when he is reporting in a language that he did not grow up with?

You are truly a baffling individual.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds