file The KICKSTARTER Concept

03 Apr 2011 06:30 #3105 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: The KICKSTARTER Concept

Evidently there is very little interest in this type of package.
Six of the first eight auctions were sold to a card reseller.
Great luck for him.

An auction on ebay might not be the right medium for this if you aim at new players. $60 is a lot to spend on cards at once, and people only have 1 week to make up their mind. A card reseller has it much more easy because does not care about the price (that's an investment to him) and he has more experience in asserting the value of cards.

If you want to make sure your packs reach new players at a quite low price, it might be better to advertise them only here and filter who you sell to. In France, the coordinator used to build starter decks for beginners, and he would send them to princes upon request. MAybe work out something like that?

I like the concept very much. What a good idea! The problem seems to be, that newbies not necessarily search new cards on ebay exactly in that given timeperiod. I support Boris' idea to send kickstarters to princes upon request to make sure they reach the intended players.

Baron of Frankfurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2011 19:19 #3110 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: The KICKSTARTER Concept

Some of his methods are rather not player friendly, to be honest.

Then contact him directly and tell him what you want that he doesn't have. He's very friendly about giving players what they want, and is reasonable in most of his prices.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
03 Apr 2011 20:44 #3113 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: The KICKSTARTER Concept

Some of his methods are rather not player friendly, to be honest.

Then contact him directly and tell him what you want that he doesn't have.

Which is a fair point, also one that crossed my mind when rereading my post. Stupid are the people whining without further knowledge, than the people claimed to be stupid without said knowledge.

I could still say, that offering to the majority through channels like ebay excessive stacks of cards seems like a waste. I, for one, feel contacting people by ebay a bit confusing, and there's a kind of a threshold there.

But I stand corrected, with a smiley even. :)

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
08 Apr 2011 19:29 #3260 by DeathInABottle
Sorry for the late reply, but I noticed something about the auctions back when they were up: they were listed as "V:TES" rather than "VTES," and that seemed to affect my search. I saw that they were available here, went to eBay to search "VTES Kickstarter," and saw no results. Omitting the "VTES" part worked, of course, but that's not how people search for eBay auctions - or not how I do it, anyway. So maybe the colon presented a problem. I certainly find it odd that those auctions went for such a low price given the value there.

Anyway, like everyone else, I think that it's a great idea, Adonai, and I'm glad you gave it a shot.

More
10 Apr 2011 21:35 #3305 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: The KICKSTARTER Concept
Two more kickstarters have been made available.

The KICKSTARTER concept:

A selection of playable vampires along with all the commons that fit them.
Not every common from the sets mentioned would be included, for example, the cards requiring Bloodlines disciplines would be skipped in all of the non-Bloodlines kickstarters. Similarly, cards for the Independent disciplines would be skipped in Camarilla/Sabbat/Bloodlines kickstarters. Each kickstarter would also have dedicated pool/blood gain cards that might not specifically come from the stated sets. Specifically, there will be 10 Blood Dolls and 2 Lilith's Blessing in each kickstarter. An assortment of other promo cards will also be included in each kickstarter.

1x of each Third Edition starter (4 decks)

1160+ vampires (2 each of ~580 different vampires) -- over $250 value in crypt cards alone
{no Bloodlines or Laibon vampires included}

Between 2 and 10 of each common included from all pre-Camarilla layout sets
Between 2 and 5 of each uncommon included from the Third Edition
~2200+ library cards

This package of cards weighs ~18 pounds. Nothing can be added to the box for international shipping (20 lb weight limit).

shop.ebay.com/thelasombra/m.html

More
11 Apr 2011 00:15 #3306 by Dervish
Replied by Dervish on topic Re: The KICKSTARTER Concept
looks great, I hope some new players find them!

More evidence that your deck need not be good in order to win:
thelasombra.com/decks/twd.htm#2011tottco
:THA::OBF::OBE::PRO::CHI::ravn:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds