file Jyhad / Vampire the Eternal Sturggle card collection

25 Sep 2012 13:46 - 25 Sep 2012 13:47 #37734 by Lönkka

I have a problem with sellers that wont ship stuff to Europe...

I think they are doing that for a good reason (not that I like it either).

Getting burned by buttweasels that claim they haven't received anything , even if they have, and to whom ou'll have to refund the payment as well is obviously not that great fun.

In US it all becomes easier.
This is because, AFAIK, commiting a mail fraud is a federal offence and they take such offences very seriously (=harsher consequences for the said buttweasel).

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 25 Sep 2012 13:47 by Lönkka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
25 Sep 2012 17:18 #37750 by KevinM

Ideally, I would like to see new players get the cards without having to pay singles prices.

Then they should figure out how much the collection will eBay for and bid just under that price.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
25 Sep 2012 20:28 #37762 by yesferatu
I would love to sell my stuff overseas, but there comes a point when my $50 lot costs more to ship than it's worth.
i can ship anywhere in the US for under $10, even Canada is triple that.

More
26 Sep 2012 11:01 #37794 by wesile
I have acquired lots of stuff from Rickstock and Ideasoft (aussie) and never paid more than 15 USD for postage.

The stiffer price that I had ever paid for postage was 80USD for 2 boxes of boosters (Dark Sovereigns and Anarchs).

If you concerned with rip-offs just offer the signed-for mail option. Off course its a bit on the expansive side for small packages but it makes sense for bigger packs or expensive stuff.

Actually, if you are selling to a know member of this forum its also a matter of face.

More
26 Sep 2012 12:53 #37799 by Boris The Blade

I have acquired lots of stuff from Rickstock and Ideasoft (aussie) and never paid more than 15 USD for postage.

They must get lower prices by buying their mail services in bulk.

More
26 Sep 2012 14:11 - 26 Sep 2012 14:18 #37801 by prunesquallor
Prunesquallor's ships almost everywhere* and we always ship valuable packages with insurance, so that we can offer a full refund if something goes wrong. We get our insurance through a specialized bulk plan which is much cheaper than the USPS, and so we don't really add it in to your price.

The only caveat is that for the refund to work, we sometimes need the buyer to work with us on completing a form for the insurance company. This way if someone is trying to defraud us, they are also defrauding the insurance company, which is a criminal offense in most places.

*The one place we don't ship to is Italy. This is because the US postal service believes that all playing and trading cards are restricted under Italian import and tariff laws. I wouldn't be surprised if they are wrong about this, but we're not going to argue with them or sneak around the rule. We go to the post office far too often to start routinely lying to the clerks there; the regular workers know us by name, what we sell, etc.
Last edit: 26 Sep 2012 14:18 by prunesquallor.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds