file KoT and HttB booster boxes on eBay

11 Nov 2012 00:12 #40764 by AaronC

"What policies are those? I recently sold some cards from the United States to someone in Australia through Ebay with no interference from Ebay or PayPal."

I don't sell on eBay much. Putting into the auction that I would ship elsewhere would've required me to fill out a bunch of specific stuff that I didn't know about and don't want to spend time researching unless there's an actual potential buyer. Also, Paypal holds eBay payments until several days after delivery and this, together with uncertainty about delivery to other countries --I had an unpleasant experience sending a clarinet to Italy once -- has me being cautious.

"How can someone contact you directly in order to bid on or buy your Ebay auctions?"

I'm not sure I understand the question. I can be contacted through eBay or through this forum.

Let me be more clear.

It is unethical to offer to place bids for others for an online auction that you yourself are running on Ebay. It is unethical to offer to sell an item directly to an individual that you are currently offering on an online auction.

Now that we know HOW someone can contact you, it bears asking what the purpose of an international person contacting you would be.

As for the first point, I wasn't aware that Ebay held funds until delivery since I have only recently begun selling on Ebay again. I guess I'll have to see if I have any problems.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2012 02:35 - 11 Nov 2012 04:15 #40765 by Molloy

"What policies are those? I recently sold some cards from the United States to someone in Australia through Ebay with no interference from Ebay or PayPal."

I don't sell on eBay much. Putting into the auction that I would ship elsewhere would've required me to fill out a bunch of specific stuff that I didn't know about and don't want to spend time researching unless there's an actual potential buyer. Also, Paypal holds eBay payments until several days after delivery and this, together with uncertainty about delivery to other countries --I had an unpleasant experience sending a clarinet to Italy once -- has me being cautious.

"How can someone contact you directly in order to bid on or buy your Ebay auctions?"

I'm not sure I understand the question. I can be contacted through eBay or through this forum.

Let me be more clear.

It is unethical to offer to place bids for others for an online auction that you yourself are running on Ebay. It is unethical to offer to sell an item directly to an individual that you are currently offering on an online auction.

Huh? Are you sure you're in the right thread? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Now that we know HOW someone can contact you, it bears asking what the purpose of an international person contacting you would be.

When did you ever not know how to contact me?

The purpose would be so that I can check with USPS or FedEx about insurance or delivery confirmation to the relevant destination, find out what customs rules would apply there, and also find out what the shipping charges would be.

Why are you being so weird? Are you having some kind of paranoid episode?

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.
Last edit: 11 Nov 2012 04:15 by Molloy. Reason: typo -- "know how not" > "not know how"

More
11 Nov 2012 03:19 #40767 by AaronC
Let's see. Why yes, of course. Today is Sunday, and I've already played two games of VTEs (both of which I lost, thanks for asking), so yes, of course, I am paranoid. :side:

Here's what you wrote:

I chose "USA only" because of eBay and Paypal policies, but if you're outside the USA and want to bid or buy, just contact me.

I assume that Ebay will not let someone bid on an "US only" auction if their account is registered outside the US. I could be wrong about that.

Does anyone know the policy? I'm curious now.

What you wrote here literally sounds like you are willing to place a bid on behalf of a non-US person or to sell your auction items directly to them without their bidding on the item.

I don't know if that's your intention. That's just what it sounds like to me. That's against the rules of Ebay, and as an Ebay user I would like all VTES auctions to be completely aboveboard. I am enough of a busybody to report what I think to be suspicious activity to Ebay even if I am not personally involved.

From your last message, it seems like you meant that a potential foreign bidder should contact you before bidding on an item so that they would know the potential shipping charge to their location and whether or not you are willing to ship to their location before they bid. (This assumes, of course, that a non-US person can even place a bid on a "US-only" auction.)

Is that what you meant?

More
11 Nov 2012 04:11 #40769 by Molloy

I assume that Ebay will not let someone bid on an "US only" auction if their account is registered outside the US. I could be wrong about that.

Does anyone know the policy? I'm curious now.

In general, any eBay user in any country can bid on or buy any eBay item from any country. Sellers are asked to specify where they are willing to ship to.

What you wrote here literally sounds like you are willing to place a bid on behalf of a non-US person or to sell your auction items directly to them without their bidding on the item.

I don't know if that's your intention. That's just what it sounds like to me.

That seems like a bizarre way to misunderstand what I said, but whatever...

From your last message, it seems like you meant that a potential foreign bidder should contact you before bidding on an item so that they would know the potential shipping charge to their location and whether or not you are willing to ship to their location before they bid. (This assumes, of course, that a non-US person can even place a bid on a "US-only" auction.)

Is that what you meant?

Yep, it's what I meant and it's what I said.

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.

More
11 Nov 2012 07:51 #40772 by Joscha
I couldn't find the auction without the above link (from Germany). I don't know about the possibility of bidding though.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
11 Nov 2012 14:25 - 11 Nov 2012 14:27 #40779 by Molloy
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configuration

Ebay will allow anyone anywhere to bid.

Last edit: 11 Nov 2012 14:27 by Molloy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds