file eBay insanity for May 2011

06 Sep 2011 12:11 #9649 by brandonsantacruz

How is $46 for a single copy of a common card so much more reasonable than $200 for a full set of DS?

It's for two, not one.

Oh, you're right. Still, $23 dollars each is about 4x what I would consider paying for them. People do buy all kinds of stupid shit, though.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2011 13:42 #9654 by Barboza

Oh, you're right. Still, $23 dollars each is about 4x what I would consider paying for them. People do buy all kinds of stupid shit, though.

Good luck paying 5 dollars for that item, also, Deep Song being labelled as common is kinda irrelevant at this point in time. As you've said people wont be able to find KoT boosters anywhere, I think the same applys to Heirs to the Blood Nosferatu/ Samedi deck which was the other option to get the card.

You could argue on it being common before so there should be so many more copys of it than say Enkil Cog, but, the truth is... its a good card, requested by most players which play animalism, also the players which have them (Deep Songs) wont trade it unless for a really exceptional card.

More
06 Sep 2011 14:41 #9661 by Brum
Sucks specially for new players in countries with small communities.
The only option is for the players with more cards to lend cards to other players for the Tournaments.

More
07 Sep 2011 01:13 #9677 by brandonsantacruz

Sucks specially for new players in countries with small communities.
The only option is for the players with more cards to lend cards to other players for the Tournaments.

... and proxy the cards in the meantime. And not get ripped off.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
07 Sep 2011 04:40 - 07 Sep 2011 04:42 #9681 by TorranceCircle

... and proxy the cards in the meantime. And not get ripped off.

I agree, play with proxies to see if the deck is what you like to play or if it works. Then at tournaments borrow from the veteran players. I know it is not the best solution but it is worth a try for those who haven't had access to these cards.

Also, if I were single and had no children and no bills, I might throw down 50$ for two cards. I mean, if someone has that kind of money to spend on cards why begrudge them. I just hope that whoever spends that much, really doesn't have other financial worries. Because then that IS a problem...for them.
Last edit: 07 Sep 2011 04:42 by TorranceCircle.

More
07 Sep 2011 07:44 #9693 by the1andonlime
Wow. You all got beat. I can retire now if someone buys all my cards at the same rate.

www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/1588468992/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

If you are wondering, that's more than US$4000!

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds