file Top 5 wallpaper

23 Nov 2011 23:32 #15709 by TorranceCircle
I'm redoing the walls in my kitchen and need some wallpaper :lol:

After seeing some posts in another thread, it seems some players have different ideas about what makes a card wallpaper. I've always thought the term meant cards that were so bad they were a detriment to even have in a deck.

What are your top 5 wallpaper cards and why? Also, have you ever made a deck with a card to prove it was not wallpaper? What were the results?

Someone wrote that Wake with Evening's Freshness is wallpaper. I don't think that's completely the case. Perhaps this discussion will help others see ways to possibly use some cards they never would have before.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2011 00:13 #15716 by CryWolf
Replied by CryWolf on topic Re: Top 5 wallpaper

After seeing some posts in another thread, it seems some players have different ideas about what makes a card wallpaper. I've always thought the term meant cards that were so bad they were a detriment to even have in a deck.

I've always thought that "wallpaper" meant that the card has been rendered "obsolete" because of a new card does the same thing but more efficiently, or with better side effects, etc.

A "wallpapered" card may have been useful before, but with the introduction of the better card(s), has been rendered useless/sub-optimal.

What are your top 5 wallpaper cards and why? Also, have you ever made a deck with a card to prove it was not wallpaper? What were the results? Someone wrote that Wake with Evening's Freshness is wallpaper. I don't think that's completely the case. Perhaps this discussion will help others see ways to possibly use some cards they never would have before.

I must say Twisting the Knife takes the cake. Pulled Fangs does the same thing (inflict 1 more damage) but it can trigger more easily, is free, is more common, has been around longer, etc. etc. I never bothered to make a deck with it. :blink:

I disagree that WWEF is wallpaper. It has its own uses, even if the draw back can be steep. I use WWEF if I expect to react with the same minion more than once between turns, but do not intend to block. I find that a mix of WWEF and OtQV works well for non-dedicated block decks. But of course, YMMV.

More
24 Nov 2011 00:51 - 24 Nov 2011 00:52 #15717 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: Top 5 wallpaper
Cards I would consider wallpaper
Betrayer: It may have been usable once, but completely useless with the grouping rule.
Auto-da-fe: Stiff requirements for use, and normally doesn't do more damage than a KRC would do.
Warning Sirens: Not worth a master phase.
Most of the clan hosers: Because while they will sometimes be useful, it's not something that you can control. (Possible exceptions are the one's effecting Malkavian or Malkavian antitribu, as you can control your prey having them)
Last edit: 24 Nov 2011 00:52 by Mael.

More
24 Nov 2011 04:17 #15719 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Top 5 wallpaper
If you were meaning my comments...
It's not that WWEF isn't useful, I just have about 80 copies of the card which is enough for 8+ decks... I can spare a few to go into the back of sleeves for other cards.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
24 Nov 2011 06:27 #15723 by CryWolf
Replied by CryWolf on topic Re: Top 5 wallpaper
@Juggernaut1981

I know what you mean about having a whole pile of a card that doesn't even see use. I didn't mean to disagree with you, just with the "Someone" you mentioned, whoever xe is.

Heh, I guess WWEF will be your cardback of choice for the upcoming VEKN expansion. ;)

More
24 Nov 2011 07:35 #15735 by Baaliprimogen
Replied by Baaliprimogen on topic Re: Top 5 wallpaper
Okay top 5 wallpaper

1. Esteem (crap and useless)
2. Mummify (crap)
3. Expidate (impossible to pull of...)
4. Jua Vema (simillar to Skin of Night, only requiers more and does less)
5. Art of Love, The (Entrancement anyone?)
Close: Jackal

But the real wallpapers (read. shitloads) must be WWEF, Forced Awakening, Blood Doll, Minion Tap, Undead Strength, Enhanced Senses, Govern, and every other Common card that has been printed in 3+ sets and starters...

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds