file Hi From CT

04 Mar 2012 04:13 #24626 by Thorn Lock
Hi From CT was created by Thorn Lock
Hey just wanted to say hi from CT. I started playing VTES the first year it came out at GenCon and loved it. I played it 2 a week with friends for about a year or so and then kind of lost track. I wasn't even sure it was still be played. Finding this site is just so cool! Really looking for some players in CT and to get back in the game!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2012 05:38 #24628 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: Hi From CT
Hi!

I used to live in CT. We had a strong playgroup for a while. Not sure if anyone plays there still, and no one I know seems to be active on these forums.

We used to play at DJ's Comics in Meriden. But since I moved away, I understand DJ's Comics moved to a smaller location without a playspace. The owner, Mike, may know a few of the players, but since he can't sell the game anymore he probably doesn't give a crap.

I know Dave Zopf moved to CT shortly before I exited the Nutmeg State, not sure how active a player he is currently. Les Clements was the Prince of Meriden, I might be convinced to give you his e-mail address via private message. If nothing else he might help you get into contact with people who might still play.

Worst case senario, go play in Boston. Do they still run tournaments? I should know, I'm still FB friends with quite a few of them....

Anyway, as a CT to CA transplant, Not only is the weather better, but so is the V:tES here in sunny california. Now If I could just get a Saturday off to go and play....

:)

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thorn Lock

More
04 Mar 2012 16:52 - 04 Mar 2012 16:54 #24707 by atomweaver
Replied by atomweaver on topic Re: Hi From CT
HI THorn Lock,

Yes, I'm in CT, but stuck up in the booniess of Litchfield county. There are no regular games of VTES in CT, but the group that was at DJ's is still around, albeit tough to pull together. Best bets if you are looking for regular games areone of four destinations, depending upon what is closest to you; Northampton/Amherst, MA (Jesse Nickerson's group), Warwick, RI (The Temple Gmames - Grant Garvin, infrequent play), Boston (Matt Hirsch's group, best reached via their Yahoo Group) or NYC (Adam Hulse).
The NYC crew (Sonam) recently pulled together a tournament in New Haven, as an attempt to pull more people together from different play groups. Hopefully, stuff like that will happen again.

DJ's is still in business in Wallingford, and they have some VTES product available at retail prices. I haven't tried lately, but the owner is friends with all of the old CT VTES players... he could probably get the players in touch with each other, even though he cannot offer space to play.

Hope we can sort something out!

-Dave Z
Last edit: 04 Mar 2012 16:54 by atomweaver.

More
04 Mar 2012 20:27 #24747 by Lost_Heretic
Replied by Lost_Heretic on topic Re: Hi From CT
There was also a tournament in New Haven a few months back... Ira Fay ran it.

Darker Days Radio - The World of Darkness Podcast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thorn Lock

More
04 Mar 2012 21:45 #24752 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: Hi From CT
Hi Dave Z!

/wave

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
07 Mar 2012 03:31 #25094 by Thorn Lock
Replied by Thorn Lock on topic Re: Hi From CT
Thanks Everybody! I'll have to keep my eye and ears out for an up coming game! Should probably get some new cards too. Think most of mine are the original Jyhad cards!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds