file Washington State Tournaments

21 Jul 2014 13:47 #63806 by Yochanan
Hello,

I'm a vtes player living in BC, Canada wondering if there are any large tournaments played regularly in Washington state, preferably close to, or in, Seattle?

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2014 15:56 - 21 Jul 2014 16:08 #63811 by gman
Hi Yochanan,

In recent years the Seattle group has favored weekly casual games instead of tournaments. We get together every Thursday night and get in 2-3 games. That being said, when we get someone coming in from out of town, we're happy to change up our weekly routing to accommodate. So, if you want to come to Seattle for a tournament, let us know and we'll setup a tournament for while you're here. With enough notice, we could probably get 10 people together for it.

Currently, our biggest tournament is the North West Qualifier which we usually hold in the spring. We usually get enough folks for 3 tables, which I realize isn't exactly "large", but it's the best we can do.

-Grayson
Last edit: 21 Jul 2014 16:08 by gman.

More
21 Jul 2014 16:08 #63812 by Yochanan
Hi Grayson,

I doubt I'd be able to come over too often for casual games (unless I'm in town for another reason, in that case I'll definately give you a head's up). I have a few dedicated friends here who might be willing to make the commute as well.

I'm definately interested in making a yearly trip for the North West Qualifier. This is exactly what I'm looking for - a "big" tournament, once a year. Does it take place in Seattle? Do you have any resources you can direct me towards?

Thanks!

More
21 Jul 2014 16:57 #63814 by gman
We largely communicate via our website freakdrive.com . If you have any trouble joining our message board, let me know. You can also join our facebook group Seattle / Tacoma Vtes Seattle / Tacoma Vtes

The last few years, we've held the qualifier in Tacoma as it's a little easier for Oregon folks to get there and we've had a consistent venue too. We haven't discussed plans for our next qualifier yet, but if we have a group coming down from Canada, I'd prefer to hold it in Seattle to limit traveling. Expect to see details about the qualifier in January. I'll be posting the event here of course. Let's keep in touch.

-Grayson

More
22 Jul 2014 01:43 - 22 Jul 2014 01:43 #63823 by Yochanan
Thanks for the information, Grayson. I'll definately keep in touch regarding next Spring...Seattle would definately be preferred on my end. Will also sign up for the message board soon here and join the group when I return to facebook in the fall! Very excited to participate in my first vtes tournament. Cheers!
Last edit: 22 Jul 2014 01:43 by Yochanan.

More
24 Jul 2014 17:58 #64013 by talonz
Tacoma isn't that bad a location from Victoria actually, especially in the summer. I prefer to arrive the night before anyways. There was some interest in this at our table last night , I would love to bring more players with me next year!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds