file Manly deck: TORVUS Eye of Hazimel

04 Nov 2012 21:54 #40396 by Pyrocuror
Hi guys,

I'm doing a rework on a very old school deck played by one of the best players in Paris (Mochud) a few years ago. This guy always played strange deck with his own deckbuilding touch like 10 cap assamites BH with nobounce and shit, and managed to actually win a lot of game with pure technic skills - too bad he almost never played on major tournaments.

Whatever. So this MANVUS deck was one of his fav', and I tried it sometimes but it's very difficult not to die... Lol.

This decks dies turn 5 to DEM bleed, or DOM powerbleed, like 70% of the decks in the game so no need to worry about this - it wont handle a very aggressive predator most of the time. It will, tho, destroy a lot of other slower decks. And it's manly.

The concept is: get eye of hazimel on torvus, bleed, and manage to multi rush.
Built in rush, 3 strenght, 2 bleed, untap ability, 1 less blood on combat cards - sounds good.

I made the deck with a toolboxy touch: some wakes, raven and shit, but the core is rush + destroy. I also built it old school style with a few masters, no villein, pentex and such. 90 cards and 13 masters in order not to jam.

Crypt: (5 cards, Min: 36, Max: 36, Avg: 9)
5 Torvus Bloodbeard pot ANI FOR OBF PRO9 Gangrel
+6 random :pro: low caps guys

Library: (90 cards)
Master (13 cards)
2 Vast Wealth => getting Eye of Hazimel
3 Sudden Reversal => against pentex, temptation of greater power
4 Blood Doll => to pay the eye - if someone vessels your BD, manrush him
1 Carver`s Meat Packing and Storage => manage swarms
2 Fame
1 Monster => more multi-acting possibilities

Action (9 cards)
3 Bum`s Rush
4 Deep Song
2 Harass

Action Modifier (10 cards)
7 Freak Drive
2 Cloak the Gathering => cloaking low caps that bleed to get the edge
1 Veil the Legions

Reaction (6 cards)
2 Cats` Guidance
1 On the Qui Vive
2 Forced Awakening
1 Confusion of the Eye

Combat (44 cards)
8 Carrion Crows
10 Immortal Grapple
6 Skin of Steel
7 Claws of the Dead
7 Taste of Vitae
2 Indomitability
1 Hidden Strength
3 Slam

Retainer (2 cards)
2 Raven Spy

Equipment (3 cards)
3 Eye of Hazimel

Combo (3 cards)
3 Swallowed by the Night

This deck was last saved at 23:37:13 on 04/11/2012

Let me know what you think about this - was wondering if there were not any easier way to handle maneuvers ! :cheer:

Could add an Archon Inv too, maybe some Canine Hordes...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2012 22:13 #40398 by Klaital
Drawing Out the Beast is good against manuevers, Shadow of the Beast also gives you permanent manuever. Also Taunt the Caged Beast is just better rush than harass or bums rush, outferior Sense Death is also not bad for 9 cap.

More
04 Nov 2012 22:18 - 04 Nov 2012 22:21 #40399 by Boris The Blade
How about a random Abombwe skill card and Enkil Cog? With the Eye, it's a free bleed for 3 on your prey's turn.
Last edit: 04 Nov 2012 22:21 by Boris The Blade.

More
05 Nov 2012 04:31 #40404 by brandonsantacruz

Let me know what you think about this - was wondering if there were not any easier way to handle maneuvers ! :cheer:

Could add an Archon Inv too, maybe some Canine Hordes...

I think that Hidden Strength + Drawing Out the Beast is a good combo to control range and press for more combat. Forget Canine Horde if you are doing 100% fisticuffs.

I might consider getting rid of all defense in favor of pure offense. The exception might be a couple of Delaying Tactics that your weenie support vampires can play.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
05 Nov 2012 07:20 #40406 by Pyrocuror
Well it would be more manly I must admit.
But that would be a waste considering Torvus special.
There will be a lot of turn where you bleed, act with torvus, burn the edge to untap, then bleed again. So you can get Torvus untap on your prey's turn, for example, by burning the edge during his minion > but with no casual cept it is useless.

There are 2 options:

-Like said Boris, include a master skill+enkil cog module, so Torvus can rush or bleed between turn, using his special to untap

-Play a couple raven and cats like I do

I'd prefer the first solution (it is flat batter) but I don't know if it's reliable. Casual cept is easier to use, and can prove to be a lifesaver.

And thanks for Drawing out the beast, I guess it's the more obvious way to handle this - I hope I still some copies of this card somewhere ... ^^

More
05 Nov 2012 08:23 - 05 Nov 2012 08:24 #40410 by Boris The Blade

-Like said Boris, include a master skill+enkil cog module, so Torvus can rush or bleed between turn, using his special to untap

-Play a couple raven and cats like I do

Why not both? If you use the Cog to bleed out of turn, you can use Torvus' special right away to untap and be ready to welcome your predator.

Or maybe just Clan imp to Malkavian :laugh:
Last edit: 05 Nov 2012 08:24 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds