file The Sovereign Eye

05 Mar 2013 06:33 - 05 Mar 2013 17:34 #45661 by direwolf
The Sovereign Eye was created by direwolf

How do you intend to oust?

Block key actions and pewpew. Ping 'em with my weenies. And this sounds like a bad idea by the second...

How do you intend to keep from being ousted?

Block damaging votes and block or misdirect bleeds. Try not to spend much pool on minions, and use Alan + Investments to pay for guns and/or gain pool.

What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?

I expect Alan Sovereign merged and two or three weenies. Two or three should have guns.

What do you want your average turn to look like?

Bleed for one or two, stand tall to block.

What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?

Varies. I play in "fun casual" games as well as highly competitive tournaments. It would be nice to get this up to "tournament quality" but I would be happy just improving it's capabilities in the casual games.

What problems have you observed with the deck in play?

I've played it a couple of times and it has been fun to play, but not especially effective. One major problem seems to be blood management, I will discuss it below and I would appreciate advice on that.

Original Deck:
Warning: Spoiler!

After a couple of plays, my inclination is:
-3 Revelations
-2 Short Term Investment
-1 Pulse of the Canaille
+1 or 2 Wider View

I didn't find Revelations to be particularly useful, and I seem to have too many Shit-term investments and Pulses.

Otherwise I had issues with blood on my vampires. I am considering:
+1 Lilith's Blessing
+1 Coven, The
+1 Giant's Blood
+3 Life in the City

Thanks in advance.

Revision 1:
Warning: Spoiler!

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.
Last edit: 05 Mar 2013 17:34 by direwolf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2013 06:35 #45662 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: The Sovereign Eye
INB4: Change your weenies from AUS weenies to dom/DOM weenies.

Using dom/DOM would be more effective. I should probably do this. If you have advice on how best to implement this, thanks. But my interest is to keep it an AUS crypt.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
05 Mar 2013 07:44 - 05 Mar 2013 16:28 #45668 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: The Sovereign Eye
If you are keeping an :AUS: weenie crypt, you are always going to have trouble ousting. It is hard to oust with Pulses without some stealth. I found it easy to keep you at bay because I always knew what the threats were and I knew that you couldn't get any stealth.

I'm not a fan of the Changes of Target here. Is the idea that one equip action gets blocked, and then you equip with a different weapon, the one you actually wanted, after they wasted their Wake and intercept? I think a couple of Daring the Dawns would be helpful. It's unlikely all your weenies would be blocked rescuing Alan or Maldavis. Seduction? I bet if you put in two Majesty's you would never regret it. [Edit: I just realized that Alan Sovereign doesn't have :PRE:, so it's actually not that good. Oops.}

I like the idea of using his ability to pay for expensive equipment. I don't like the Sniper Rifles here if you plan on a bruise 'n bleed angle.

Have you considered using some Lame-Term Investments? They get even more counters than Shit-Term Investments. They changed the text in a later edition for the better, too.

I think you would benefit from The Parthenon. Seriously consider one Antediluvian Awakening: you can easily offset the loss. Anarch Revolt? Smiling Jack the Anarch? Having wallish options to do damage makes sense, too. You're kind of in-between wall and bruise-bleed here.
Last edit: 05 Mar 2013 16:28 by AaronC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: direwolf

More
05 Mar 2013 07:58 #45669 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: The Sovereign Eye

Have you considered using some Lame-Term Investments? They get even more counters than Shit-Term Investments. They changed the text in a later edition for the better, too.

You should use the real name of thoses card, if only because "lame-term investment" is very hard to figure.

More
05 Mar 2013 15:58 #45690 by ReverendRevolver

You should use the real name of thoses card, if only because "lame-term investment" is very hard to figure.

That is quite ambiguous.... its an inveztment for sure, and preumeably not secret horde or ventrue investment... but without alan, any investment is uber lame...

More
05 Mar 2013 16:32 #45691 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: The Sovereign Eye
Seriously? There are 5 investment cards. You can count them on one hand. You can figure out "Lame-term Investment" from context.

Thanks for the advice Aaron, I am split between bruise and bleed and wall deck. I am bad at making wall decks, but I feel like I should go in that direction.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds