file Brujah Trophy Hunter

12 Jul 2011 15:04 - 12 Jul 2011 15:05 #6202 by Delion
Brujah Trophy Hunter was created by Delion
First of all, Hello, allmighty Methuselah :D

I'm new to the forum and not so new at VTES. I've been around for a while and I really would love to read opinions, rants or whatever to improve my deck, so here it goes :D

- How do I plan to oust Methuselahs:
Burning their minions and then bleed or via Torpor / Fame

- How should my turn be:
*Master: The one that comes out, it does not matter as long as you do not have trophies in a vampire. Should that be the case, mark a red list and go to try to burn it.
*Minion: Play action cards if any (Heroic Might, make a vampire red list), Freak Drive or Forced March and Rush. Rescue torporized famous vampires and torpirize him/her again.
*Combat: Basically do more damage than the opponent, prevention, disarm, decapitate, collect trophies (Priority Trophy: Domain)
*Discard phase: As required.

- How will I try to defend myself from being ousted:
Get as many Vessels as possible to combine them with Dmytra Ilyanova´s special, with Perfectionist or with Trophy: Hunting ground to generate pool. Protected resources to defend myself from bounced Bleeds and Heavy Bleeds (Archon Investigation is not to my liking). Second traditions and Trophy:
Domain to block harmful actions.

- How should be the deck at the turn of others:
Untap and try to block -using domains and traditions- according to the need, then repeat the combat stage, again, as needed (It's not always
necessary to send a vampire to torpor or burn it).

The deck:

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 32, Max: 39, Avg: 8.91)
2 Count Germaine obf CEL FOR POT PRE8 Brujah
1 Count Germaine (ADV) CEL FOR obf POT PRE8 Brujah
3 Dmitra Ilyanova obf CEL FOR POT PRE.9 Brujah
2 Hektor for CEL POT PRE QUI9 Brujah Antitribu
3 Jann Berger dem for CEL POT PRE10 Brujah
1 Themistocles pre AUS CEL FOR POT8 Brujah

Library: (90 cards)
Master (18 cards)
2 Fame
2 Perfectionist
2 Protected Resources
4 Trophy: Domain
2 Trophy: Hunting Ground
6 Vessel

Action (15 cards)
4 Bum`s Rush
2 Fleetness
3 Heroic Might
6 Red List

Action Modifier (8 cards)
4 Forced March
4 Freak Drive

Political Action (2 cards)
2 Trumped-Up Charges

Reaction (4 cards)
4 Second Tradition: Domain, The

Combat (41 cards)
7 Decapitate
7 Disarm
1 Fists of Death
7 Immortal Grapple
2 Majesty
2 Psyche!
7 Pursuit
6 Skin of Steel
2 Torn Signpost

Equipment (2 cards)
2 Leather Jacket

Regards and thanks in advance :D
Last edit: 12 Jul 2011 15:05 by Delion. Reason: Mistype

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2011 15:37 #6203 by Pendargon
Replied by Pendargon on topic Re: Brujah Trophy Hunter
In a 90-card deck, i feel you have way to few red list-making actions (only 8, alongside the trumped-up charges).
I would also add some Archon or Alastor as a source of permanent rush (and Alastor could fetch a helicopter for you so that you can multiact a little.
Only 6 trophies is too few in a 90 card deck to be able to reliably get enough.
Also, you seem very vulnerable at the start. With such a low count of rush cards, and only 4 second traditions, and the fact that your first vampire is always Dmitra/Hektor (which take 3 turns to influence) you could be on the ropes from the start against aggressive predator.
Where is Tension in the ranks? It adds pool damage when you burn a vampire. It is a given here.
I do not like protected resources in this deck. It costs you 2 pool to put in (and you are likely influencing for at least 17 pool), and you have no way to oust your prey with politics, so you WILL have to bleed.
I do not understand the perfectionists in this deck? A monster would be far better.

It seems to me that, as is, the deck is too slow, and without enough staying power against an aggressive predator, and not enough forward momentum to threaten it's prey until it sets up (and that takes a while).

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delion

More
12 Jul 2011 15:47 #6204 by brandonsantacruz
How about Big Game Hunting? By the way, I think that Forced March is your best friend in this deck. The superior version can go a long way towards letting you take enough actions to survive, even win. I think you need more torn signpost and some Slams.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
12 Jul 2011 17:16 - 12 Jul 2011 17:22 #6205 by Delion
Replied by Delion on topic Re: Brujah Trophy Hunter
Red list making should be seen as "Rush chance", not as a Red list making only. If you see it this way, it results that you have 14 ways to enter combat with another minion (4 Bum's rush, due to the bad habit of not tapping a minion because people knos that if they do so, you'll play ambush, fleetness or that kind of rush card that allows to enter combat only with tapped minions). Sadly, some ways of entering combat are more quick an efective than others, but, in the aftermath, doesn't look THAT bad to have 14 cards to enter combat, right?

About the archon and alastor... They are such good cards, but way too circumstancial. One smart vote from across the table and you will end with a card slot and an action lost. Differently from Trumped up charges, often a red list minion isn't such a menace as an archon that will be soon after the other methuselah that voted in favor.

The start is VERY vulnerable, I know, that's the reason for having 2 protected resources. I'd really love to put some archons, but in a heavy bounce enviroment i think it's better protected resources. Of course i'll have to bleed, but i'll do it only after the table is set to do so, still, you an do a lot of damage without bleeding your prey or anyone.

Second traditions combined with the power of the Trophy: Domain have proved to be enough, in my experience. The two cards plus protected resources and some bloat have proved to be enough to endure even the most aggresive power bleeder (When the combo is in play, though...)

Perfectionist is a way to hunt quickly and refill vampire's blood lost due to combat or vessel effect. Dmitra's special should be enought, but, sometimes the vote doesn't pass and it's better to hunt.

Big game hunting seems to me a good option, along with tension in the ranks.

Thanks to everyone for the comments! Keep'em comming! :D
Last edit: 12 Jul 2011 17:22 by Delion.

More
13 Jul 2011 14:18 #6244 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: Brujah Trophy Hunter

Seems like a pretty unlikely plan. You'll have out two minions, each of whom can bleed for one. Even if your prey's ready region is empty, that's not a lot of ousting power.

Since stacking Trophy: Domain has quickly diminishing returns, some copies of Trophy: Revered would at least give you a bit more of a chance.

More
13 Jul 2011 14:36 - 13 Jul 2011 14:38 #6246 by Delion
Replied by Delion on topic Re: Brujah Trophy Hunter

Seems like a pretty unlikely plan. You'll have out two minions, each of whom can bleed for one. Even if your prey's ready region is empty, that's not a lot of ousting power.

Since stacking Trophy: Domain has quickly diminishing returns, some copies of Trophy: Revered would at least give you a bit more of a chance.

I was hoping for someone to tell me that! :D

The question is: Is better Trophy: Revered or heart of the City? what cards should I remove in order to make an slot available for a permableed card?. I really would have loved to make some space for Pentex subversion, one permableed card, a Enkil Cog, Heat of Nizchetus and a direct intervention, but couldn't figure wich cards to remove in order to add those beautiful cards... Any sugestions? :(

Thanks! :D
Last edit: 13 Jul 2011 14:38 by Delion. Reason: Idea rounded up

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds