lightbulb EC 2017 Day 2 - final transcript

17 May 2017 06:18 - 05 Sep 2022 17:37 #81874 by Ankha
Noora (Unnamed Stealth Bleed) > Danilo (Saulot / Neighbor John) > Jorge (Nephandus D’Erlette) > Orian (Reversal of Fortune) > Carlos (Tzimisce wall)

T1

[N] Dreams
[D] Powerbase: Montreal. Discards Guardian Vigil.
[J] Liquidation. Keith Moody. Disc. Unmasking
[O] Wider View. Contests Dreams. Watenda. Franciscus. Disc. Alastor.
[C] Lolita Houston. Disc. My Enemy’s Enemy.

T2

[N] Yields Dreams. Disc. Public Trust.
[D] Neighbor “George” + Anarch Convert.
[J] Liquidation. Ask Danilo’s permission for Carlton. Declined. Saiz.
[O] Gets Dreams. Parthenon. Madness Network. Franciscus calls Praxis Seizure: Berlin. Lolita blocks. H1H1. Watenda calls Malkavian Justicar. Lolita wakes + intercept. H1H1. Lolita plays Chiroptean Marauder to agg. Cancelled by Watenda. Lolita plays another CM, Watenda goes to torpor. Dollface + Normal. Disc. PB:Montreal.
[C] Rack on Lolita. Does nothing. Impulse passes to Orian. Normal calls Reversal of Fortune. Carlos doesn’t now the deck; Danilo explains. Jorge agrees that the action should be blocked. Lolita intercepts. H1H1. Dollface calls Reversal of Fortune. Carlos discards a vote against. The vote fails. Disc. Cat’s Guidance.

T3

[N] Unnamed.
[D] Vessel on NJ.
[J] Wider View. Ashur Tablets. Saiz bleeds for 1, Edge. Antonio d’Erlette. Disc. Trap.
[O] Pentex Subversion on Lolita. Dreams used for 2 cards. Franciscus hunts. Normal rescues Watenda, 1 each. Dollface calls Malkavian Justicar. Chooses Watenda, 4 votes in favor, passes. Calls a new vampire. Disc. Sargon Fragment and Pentex.
[C] Gets 2 blood from the Rack. Impulse passes to Orian. Watenda calls Reversal. Saiz wakes. Neighbor John plays Delaying Tactics. Watenda gets Sargon Fragment. Resuming: Sascha Vykos ADV. Disc. Enhanced Senses.

T4

[N] Unnamed plays Unleash Hell’s Fury. Danilo asks her to burn the Pentex. Noora “has to think about it”. Bleed first for 1; Enkil Cog; Instantaneous Transformation. Orian asks Noora to reconsider, saying he’s already screwed. Noora removes the Pentex nonetheless. Disc. Sense the Sin.
[D] Depravity on NJ. NJ burns the Madness Network. Saulot. Disc. Soak
[J] Jake Washington. Saiz bleeds for 1 (13 pool). Keith bleeds for 1 (12 pool). Nephandus + Unmasking.
[O] Asks permission to steal the PB:M. Denied. Franciscus goes for it anyway. Blocked. H1H2. Orian asks again. Denied. Ohanna. Disc. Parthenon.
[C] Guardian Angel on Vykos. Influence 4 (12 pool).

T5

[N] Homunculus on Unnamed; Instantaneous to untap. Unnamed bleeds for 2. Saulot wakes. Tries to block. Stealth. Telepathic Misdirection to Jorge. Deflection to Orian. Alex Camille. Disc. D’Habi revenant.
[D]: Unnamed untaps with Homunculus. Danilo contest the Rack with Carlos on Saulot. Saulot MotS: Heart of Nizchetus. Influence: 2. (10 pool). Discards Heart of Nizchetus.
[J] Ashur Tablets. Saiz bleeds for 1. Watenda blocks. H1H1. Nephandus bleeds, gets the Edge (6 pool). Antonio: Nephandus during influence (20 pool). Discard Strike with Conviction. Orian uses the Dreams during Jorge discard phase. Discards Parthenon and Malkavian Justicar.
[O] Brainwash on vampire with 4 blood. Brainwash on another vampire. Carlos draws twice and discards Telpathic Misdirection + another card. Normal hunts. Noora asks to act. Unnamed plays Contagion superior. NJ tries to block. Guardian Vigil aus/for. Faceless Night sup, Elder Imp sup. Carlos thinks about blocking. Enhanced Senses from Vykos. Noora asks if he sures, and Carlos says he’s not. Psychomachia sup. Both Vykos and NJ are tapped. Back to Orian’s turn. Orian asks permission for the PB:M. Danilo would agree, but Orian has other things to do first. Orian asks if Jorge would be ok for a Shift on Carlos. Jorge says no, no matter who the target is: he doesn’t want Orian to gain pool. Orian asks if Danilo is interested into getting the Nephandus getting tapped. Danilo says it’s a wall deck. Influence: burns Wider View (8 pool).
[C] Yields Rack. Burns 1 for Contagion. Plays Vessel of Vykos. Lolita burns Brainwash. Meschenka. Discards Zillah’s Valley.

T6

[N] Secure Haven on Unnamed. Bleeds for 2 with Flurry. No block, Telepathic Misdirection on Jorge. Jorge asks to block, Noora wants to pass it through. Lost in Crowds, unlocks, gain 2 pol (17 pool). Noora would like an Infernal Servitor “to block”. Danilo is not convinced. Unnamed brings Infernal Servitor. Carlos thinks about blocking. Vykos tries to block, Eagle Sight inf. Faceless Night superior.

Spirit Touch sup. Elder Imp. sup. Meschenka Reads the Winds + Eagle Sight inf. I am Legion to cancel Eagle Sight. Cat’s Guidance, Instantaneous for stealth. Action succeeds. Mechenka and Vykos are locked. Alex Camille recruits Mylan. Disc. Flurry.
[D] pays Contagion, gets back the Rack, uses Heart of Nizchetus. Plays Vessel (8 pool). Anarch Free Press. (7 pool). Gets 1 from the PB:M and influences 2 back (9 pool).
[J] Contagion. Contests Parthenon. Nephandus bleeds for 1 (x2) (6 pool). New Nephandus (13 pool)
[O] Yields Parthenon, loses 1 pool from Contagion (5 pool). Madness Network. Normal bleeds for 1. Vykos wakes. Blocked, Chiroptean to long, Breath of the Dragon sup. Discards Parthenon. (5 pool)
[C] Contagion (7 pool) Vessel on Meshenka. (6 pool). Orian asks if Carlos wants to play with him. Carlos asks how many damage Danilo can sustain; Danilo says that bleed is not pool damage for him but for someone else. Carlos speaks about a Reins of Power to regain 3 pool and damage Noora for 3. Danilo agrees. Reins called by Vykos. 6 in favor, 4 against. Orian says he can choose no one and offers Carlos to play with him again. Orian explains that he’s dying and his only chance is to let Carlos try to get the game win; if Carlos succeeds, Orian will be glad for him, and if Carlos has a mishap at some point because of Noora, Danilo or Jorge, then Orian will try to take that only chance of winning. Orian also states that it is better for Carlos if only him and Orian play (by reversing the order so that the other players don’t play) rather than letting the other players play together against them. Carlos declines. Carlos: 8 pool, Noora: 12 pool. Danilo: 5 pool. Jorge: 8 pool. Orian: 6 pool. Under Siege, not blocked (7 pool). Carlos is wondering if he could call a KRC. Danilo asks for 1 damage on Jorge. Carlos declines. Lolita calls KRC. Infernal Servitor blocks with Unmasking. Lolita maneuver to long, Breath of the Dragon. Noora declines acting with Enkil Cog. Orian has the impulse. Orian declines. Caros disc. Zillah’s Valley. (7 pool)

T7

[N] Vessel on Unnamed (costs 2). (10 pool). Jorge says that she can bleed strong with a lot of stealth if she wants.

Noora asks for an Infernal Servitor. Danilo says no. Mylan can’t block vampires, so Danilo changes his mind because Noora adds she won’t bleed. Plays an Infernal Servitor. Carlos thinks. Vykos uses Under Siege. Blocked. Form of Mist to end combat but Unnamed doesn’t burn blood to continue (it has 2 blood only). Orian asks again if Carlos wants to play with him again because he says that Danilo and Noora plays together against Carlos, and Jorge is going to kill Orian. Carlos would agree if Orian would call a Parity Shift on Noora. Carlos explains to Danilo he won’t be able to oust Noora without help. Finally Carlos declines. Discards Flurry. (9 pool)
[D] pays 1 for Contagion (4 pool). Heart of Nizchetus. Rack, Vessel, Saulot special. (6 pool). Orian asks agains (and says he'll ask each turn), Carlos declines. PB:M, discards Vessel.
[J] pays 1 for Contagion (8 pool), gets back Parthenon. Fame on Mechenka. Ashur Tablets (third). 11 pool. Shuffles back Nephandus and Ashur Tablets, as well as Haven Uncovered and Target Vitals, Deflection/wake, Molotov. Put back in hand: Deflection. Discards down Partenon. Nephandi bleed for 1 (2 times). Madness Network: hunt, get back PB:M with Danilo’s consent. Blocked H1H1. Keith bleeds 1. No block from Orian, Saulot plays Eagle Sight. H2 press H2. Keith to torpor. Brings out a new Nephandus (9 pool). Discards Carlton.
[O] 1 Contagion (3 pool). Information Highway. Orian says he’s sure to pass a Parity Shift (except for Delaying Tactics). Plays Uncoiling, burns Unmasking.
[C] Vessel 2, loses 1 from Contagion. (8 pool). Lolita bleeds for 1. (9 pool) Vykos: Sniper Rifle. (7 pool) Mechenka plays KRC. Camille tb. Maneuver, Breath of the Dragon. Camille to torpor with 3 blood. Orian takes the impulse. Watenda calls Parity Shift. Danilo asks that everyone keeps a DI or DT for Reversal, not for that Parity. Not blocked. 5 from Noora to Orian. The vote passes. (Orian: 8 pool, Noora: 4 pool). Orian asks if the reversal of Fortune should be called now, Carlos wants to wait the end of Noora’s turn. But then Noora could burn the Madness Network. Dollface calls Reversal. DIed by Noora. Dollface calls Reversal again. Jorge and Danilo plays wakes, hoping to get a DT. Reversal passes. Ohanna rescues Normal. Normal hunts. Carlos resumes his turn, discards a wake.

T7.1 (reverse order)

[O] pays 1 for the Contagion (8 pool). Metro Underground. Ohanna hunts. Normal plays Reversal. It passes. Calls a vampire, + PB: Montreal (6 pool)

T7.2 (normal order)

[C] Contagion + Vessel (7 pool). Vessel on Lolita. Barrens. Tap to discard KRCG. Lolita bleeds, taken (2 pool). Vykos bleeds. UHF to block. Vykos torpor, Guardian Angel burns. Meshenka rescues. Noora has the impulse. Bleeds in Flurry. Vykos wakes. Danilo doesn’t block. (4 pool). Orian taks the impulse. Bleeds 1, deflected on Noora (3 pool). Calls Reversal.

T7.3 (reversed order)

[O] Edge pays for Contagion. Dreams of the Sphinx. Draws 2 cards. PB: Montreal, retro 1 pool. (6 pool).
[J] Contagion (8 pool). Frontal Assault. Ashur Tablets. Nephandus bleeds 1. 4 times (2 pool). Antonio bleeds for the last pool. Danilo plays Life Boon and give 2 pool to Orian. Watenda wants to get back a Reversal. Dollface calls Reversal. Passes. Bleed, Vykos blocks. Ohanna hunts. Jorge gets the impulse back. Wider View, gains 2 and loses 5 pool to Frontal (5 pool).

T7.4 (normal order)

[O] Contagion 1 pool. Hunts.
[C] Contagion, Vessel (6 pool) Uses Barrens. Lolita bleeds. Not blocked (2 pool left). Vykos bleeds. Unnamed blocks. Maneuver. Sniper vs Form of Mist. Watenda tries to get back Reversal. Plays Reversal with Dollface. Bleed for 1 (6 pool).

T7.5 (reversed order)

[O] Contagion. Hunt. Time limit.

Danilo: 1VP (stealing Orian’s ½ VP), Jorge ½ VP, Noora ½ VP, Carlos ½ VP

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 05 Sep 2022 17:37 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, Lönkka, D-dennis, Vlad, ilmale, self biased

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2017 14:00 #81885 by elotar
Life boon, lol.

It will be fun to see some experienced players commentary on the game.

I think maybe it will be better for Noora to be more aggressive.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
17 May 2017 14:26 #81886 by TapeTaChatte
I am indeed thinking the same.
5 players want to win a final:
- Danilo just has to sit down and wait
- Jorge has to oust Orian by bleeding
- Orian has to oust Carlos by putting him out of reactions
that they did

but I did not see
- Carlos trying to oust Noora => he might have understood he had nothing to do but wait
- Noora trying to oust Danilo => ? I am still waiting to understand how it was expected ? I mean the Unnamed aggravates... I know it probably won't work, but as some points you get to try?

IC Organized play coordinator
Please contact me with any OP query using the mail in my profile

More
17 May 2017 15:08 #81889 by Ankha
I think Noora and Carlos were both afraid of each other. For instance, Noora used the Infernal Servitor for defense, but Carlos didn't really push forward.
I suspect that Noora was also somehow short on stealth at some point because both Danilo and Carlos made her play her stealth.
I also suspect that Carlos didn't want to lower his guard because of Orian's deck.

In my opinion, Carlos should have agreed much earlier with Orian's proposal and each play together, denying other players their turns. Noora couldn't block forever (even with the Homunculus), and Carlos seemed pretty safe having some wakes, and the vote lock.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
17 May 2017 17:18 #81893 by cordovader

I think Noora and Carlos were both afraid of each other. For instance, Noora used the Infernal Servitor for defense, but Carlos didn't really push forward.
I suspect that Noora was also somehow short on stealth at some point because both Danilo and Carlos made her play her stealth.
I also suspect that Carlos didn't want to lower his guard because of Orian's deck.

In my opinion, Carlos should have agreed much earlier with Orian's proposal and each play together, denying other players their turns. Noora couldn't block forever (even with the Homunculus), and Carlos seemed pretty safe having some wakes, and the vote lock.

Also Noora could have discarded the servitors. In fact Carlos deck was mainly doing bleeds for 1, so paying 1 pool for a servitor that is going to die on the first block does not seem as a highly profitable action.

IMO she would have gotten a better use of her stealth by just going forward more agressively (I was never too low on pool as to die from a deflected bleed).

And thinking afterwards about the DI situation, she should have probably DIed the Parity Shift instead (because to do the same damage with bleeds for 1 Carlos needed Orian to play between 4-6 Reversals).

But well as I said during the game this was totally in my advantage because I would have ousted Orian for sure (Danilo wouldn't have been able to pay the Life Boon in that case).

More
17 May 2017 17:26 #81894 by cordovader

Life boon, lol.

It will be fun to see some experienced players commentary on the game.

I think maybe it will be better for Noora to be more aggressive.

An Eagle's Sight would have done the job too. The only change is that it would have probably have pushed Orian to try and oust Carlos.

Successful or not it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game for me.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds