file Some ideas for discussion...

29 Nov 2012 10:12 - 29 Nov 2012 10:13 #42006 by wesile
:action:

I am pointing at you

:blood: 1

:aus:
Bleed at +1, this bleed cannot be redirected to another Methuselah. If more than 3 pools is bleed with this action ignore the excess. Only one I am Pointing at you can be played each turn.

:AUS:

As abowe but for Bleed at +2.

:modifier:

Unreliable option

:blood: 1

Cancel a reaction card as it is played. The reacting Mathuselah can take the card back to his hand.

As abowe, but tap the reacting minion.

:reaction:

Expensive Trouble

:blood: 2

Cancel a reaction card that will change the target of a bleed.

Cancel a political action.
Last edit: 29 Nov 2012 10:13 by wesile.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2012 10:23 - 29 Nov 2012 10:27 #42007 by Kiddo
Geez, way too strong...

First one is basically a bleed for 3 that cannot be bounced. Usually cards that prohibit bounce or reactions are costly, have to be played as the action is announced and target specific discipline(s). Check Perfect Clarity for example and compare with your card.

Second one also deals with reactions way too easily.

Again, compare your third card with Perfect Clarity (which isn't considered a bad card, especially in powerbleed decks) - your is much more flexible (affects politics) and much less likely to be wasted (since you don't have to play it as announced).

EDIT: I noticed that this card is a reaction...well, it makes sense for a sup effect, but it messes with other people's bleeds, not yours. So now you can both make sure your bleeds end up where you want them (first card) AND make sure other people don't bounce to you. I mean, really?

I mean, imagine those cards in some midcap Tremere/!Tremere bleed deck - on top of your usual forte (being able to get around combat via Mirror Walk, having actually powerful bleed actions and modifiers and having two disciplines for bounce), you give them ways to deal with your bleeds being bounced without having to spend an action for it (Revelations).
Last edit: 29 Nov 2012 10:27 by Kiddo.

More
29 Nov 2012 10:34 #42008 by Poci
Auspex is already strong, wih these 3 cards, it'd be on the level close to dominate. The first one is the most powerful maybe; just consider that card in a !Ven grinder for example, or in a weenie aus wall. Way too powerful. The second one is close to I am legion, perfect paragon, to insanely powerful cards.

More
29 Nov 2012 10:37 #42009 by Ohlmann
I agree with Kiddo, they are both too strong and to an already decent discipline.

Of the three, the third one is the only one I would gladly see, albeit certainly on another discipline. The redirection annulation can be a nasty trick to do to your predator, and the outright cancel for 2 blood is expensive enough to not be spammed and playable enough to stop a devastating banishment or something like that.

More
29 Nov 2012 11:31 - 29 Nov 2012 11:35 #42010 by Izaak
Perfect Clarity is actually considered trash tier.

It's a useless piece of wallpaper that even under very specific conditions underperforms. I mean, not that I'm saying these cards are balanced or anything, but using Perfect Clarity as a baseline is somewhat naive.
Last edit: 29 Nov 2012 11:35 by Izaak.

More
29 Nov 2012 11:38 - 29 Nov 2012 11:59 #42012 by Kiddo

Perfect Clarity is actually considered trash tier.

It's a useless piece of wallpaper that even under very specific conditions underperforms. I mean, not that I'm saying these cards are balanced or anything, but using Perfect Clarity as a baseline is somewhat naive.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Clearly, i disagree...however, let's take another example - I Am Legion. Not a trash card by anyones definition, deals with bounce/intercept, but only AUS and requires two disciplines, one of which is quite rare (compared to AUS) and in 99% of cases a vamp that can play it is infernal.

Touch of Clarity, a very powerful card, deals only with DOM bounce (along with some other things). These suggestions deal with all kinds of reactions, regardless of a discipline and are played by a very very widespread discipline.
Last edit: 29 Nov 2012 11:59 by Kiddo.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds