file New card idea: bounce + reduce

13 Jul 2011 11:43 #6222 by KevinM
How about a card that combines bounce + reduce? Such as:

Bad Connection
Reaction
1 blood
Only usable when an ally or younger vampire is bleeding you, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Reduce the bleed by 1. Choose another Methuselah other than the acting minion's controller. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2011 12:02 - 13 Jul 2011 12:06 #6225 by Ankha
It dwarves Lost in Translation.

Name: Lost in Translation
[LotN:C/PA]
Cardtype: Reaction
Cost: 2 blood
Only usable when an ally or younger vampire is bleeding you, after blocks are declined.
Tap this reacting vampire. Choose another Methuselah other than the acting minion's controller. The acting minion is now bleeding the chosen Methuselah. Only one Lost in Translation may be played each action.

PRO:
- it costs 1 blood less
- you may play more than one during the action
CON:
- it reduces the bleed by 1 (which can be a PRO if you direct it to an ally).

When you're bled for 6, you can still make your prey lose 5, so the bleed reducer isn't satisfactory for a disciplineless card that costs only 1 blood (because the other cards requiring a discipline to do the same effect usually cost 1 bood too).

And even if the bleed was reduced to 0, it would be a card that protects you from a bleed for only 1 blood and no discipline, which can be seen as unbalanced.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 13 Jul 2011 12:06 by Ankha.

More
13 Jul 2011 12:03 #6226 by Pascal Bertrand
This one is interesting.

More
13 Jul 2011 12:15 #6228 by Cyrus
If one would make a cheap disciplineless bounce I would recomend one to keep the limit from LinT,

Only one Bad Connection may be played each action. Or maybe even include both cards, ie. Only one Bad Connection or Lost in Translation may be played each action. No errata would be needed to LinT, since they would be limited by BC's limit.

Overall I'm in Ankha's corner though, I'm not in favour of a cheap bounce.

More
14 Jul 2011 10:16 #6289 by Disco_Stu

How about a card that combines bounce + reduce? Such as:

Bad Connection
Reaction
1 blood
Only usable when an ally or younger vampire is bleeding you, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Reduce the bleed by 1. Choose another Methuselah other than the acting minion's controller. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah.

Firstly, a 2 blood cost might be more reasonable (or a don't replace' clause). What about a version that played with the politics of the table a little more...?

Bad Connection
Reaction
2 blood
Only usable when a younger vampire is bleeding you, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Choose another Methuselah other than the acting minion's controller. The acting vampire is now bleeding that Methuselah, and may burn 1 (or X?) blood to reduce the bleed by 1 (X?).

The picture in my head is my prey begging my predator to burn the blood and stop him from getting ousted or brought within ousting range, while the predator mulls over his blood situation and decides if it's worth letting his squealing grand-prey survive...

Other variants could limit it to a My Enemy's Enemy setup, to only flick to a predetermined player. Or decreasing cost, lifting restrictions and adding a Discipline...

cheers
Disco Stu
Prince of Melbourne, Australia

More
14 Jul 2011 20:26 #6319 by Juggernaut1981
Bad Connection
2 blood
Reaction
Only playable when a younger vampire or ally is bleeding you.
Reduce the bleed of this action by 1. Choose another Methuselah other than the acting Methuselah. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah. The acting minion may choose to end this action unsuccessfully now.

I tend to think of reducers as a 'waster' card. They waste predator actions and effectively buy you time to take your actions. Yes I realise people want to pile the additional pressure on their prey, but having your predator frustrated has its own advantages. I see the additional clause as an excellent 'waster' clause... your predator can choose to waste the action or whack your prey/target.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds