file On the Hunt [A small improvement for tremeres and auspex]

21 Nov 2021 19:16 #103949 by Charles_Bronson

Name: On the Hunt
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Auspex
:aus: +1 intercept.
:AUS: As above, with 1 optional press during the resulting combat whenever this vampire blocks.
Flavor text: With the catching end the pleasures of the chase. Abraham Lincoln

Art notes: A dark figure in the background carefully and methodically following a scared running away mortal or vampire.

World of Darkness reference:
With auspex you can easily stay ahead on a chase, calculating and predicting to where your prey will run.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Black Chantry did an incredible job making viable banu haquim combat, but clan Tremere needed this for years. It's a quality of life improvemente for thaumaturgy janky second round cards and for generally any deckbuilding option that synergizes with presses. Other clans or decks ideas can also benefit from this, specially carrion crows from tzimisce (I still think spirit's touch is better for them).
We are all waiting more than 20 years for this...

Created by: Alexandre Costa, but really this is a card that should have been created ages ago...

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2021 14:34 #103954 by Lönkka
I'm pretty sure that weenie Auspex walls would be VERY happy.

If you wantto help Tremere use clan requirement. Or make it an Aupex + Thaumaturgy card...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
22 Nov 2021 14:58 #103956 by Thalco
Second round combat would still be janky. The problem isn't lack of presses it's that you need a round of nothing happening, so you'll get battered by any other combat deck before you get to round 2. It's really inefficient and costly set up when you could just search out a weapon or whatever instead.

:malk:. Prince of Liverpool and UK NC

More
23 Nov 2021 09:43 #103969 by Timo

If you wantto help Tremere use clan requirement. Or make it an Aupex + Thaumaturgy card...

Well, I'm not so sure.

Presses are not so well loved in weenie AUS. I mean that the difficult part is to survive the first round of combat or at least minimise the impact of your opponent might (or hand strike for 1). In that regard, Precognition and Spirit's Touch are really better IMO. And for "utility", Eagle's Sight, Enhanced Senses and My Enemy's Enemy are too good to pass.

Then you have Melange which is not so sought after in my experience and when you REALLY want diversity in your +1 intercept reactions at :aus: you still have Tourette's Voice.

So yes, if you are at the point in your weenie AUS deckbuilding where you add Tourette's Voice, this proposed card will replace it or even add to it !
But let's be honest, in the great majority of cases, you will just want to cut the 4th Precog and the 4th Spirit's Touch for 2 copies of this card (and that only if you already have added 2 copies of Melange).

And as it as already been said, for Trem combat, second rounds combat cards would still be OKish at best even with this card.

More
23 Nov 2021 23:14 #103973 by Lech
That's true, Auspex already have all intercept in the world if they need it. It's not exactly like adding additional stealth to non-obfuscate (or even to obfuscate).

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
24 Nov 2021 10:41 #103974 by Lönkka

Well, I'm not so sure.

Presses are not so well loved in weenie AUS. I mean that the difficult part is to survive the first round of combat or at least minimise the impact of your opponent might (or hand strike for 1).

Oh, unconditional Presses also provide a way to control the arena by _ending_ combat in case you are not all that interested in seeing what might happen on the subsequent round...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds