file Terminology or glossary of terms??

03 Jan 2012 20:49 #19826 by muushupork
Just got a box of KMW boosters and im sure a lot of you know there are plenty of new words and and other things going on. I am coming back from a long hiatus and have no idea about anything past jyhad. Could someone link me to a rundown of all the expansions and there terms and rules? ive found the new rules for sterile and red list and trophy but thats it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2012 21:19 #19831 by Jeff Kuta
On the left side of the V:EKN home page there is a section for Rules. The Rulebook is up to date and the Complete Rules Reference provides another perspective on the rules. There is lots of good information here.

Once you have looked these over, check out www.thelasombra.com, in particular the Tournament Winning Deck Archive.

That should keep you going for months. :)

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
03 Jan 2012 21:27 #19832 by echiang
Also, you can look through the "Card Lists" option on the left sidebar. That gives you a listing of all the expansions and if you click on them one by one, you can see the new rules that were gradually introduced with each expansion.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
04 Jan 2012 03:19 - 04 Jan 2012 03:30 #19850 by muushupork
ok you guys are really helping me out and i appreciate that. im wondering if i can ask about advancement. take petaniqua for example. There are two of her, one baali, and one malkavian, the baali one being advanced. since there is no text about merging does this mean when they merge the text from both cards applies??
Last edit: 04 Jan 2012 03:30 by muushupork.

More
04 Jan 2012 03:32 - 04 Jan 2012 03:34 #19852 by Adonai

When merged, the text on the base card still applies, but the rest of the card is ignored (capacity, Disciplines, etc.). The advancement card applies in full.

Petaniqua doesn't get any extra bonus from being merged, but she does get the two separate texts.

Camarilla. Red List: During any round of combat after the first, a minion opposing Petaniqua takes 2 points of damage before range is determined. Recruiting allies and employing retainers costs Petaniqua 1 less blood or pool. +1 bleed. Infernal.

Advanced, Independent. Red List: Once each combat, Petaniqua may burn a blood to gain a press. Petaniqua may recruit a werewolf ally as if she meets the requirements of playing that card. +1 strength. Infernal.

Results in:

Independent. Red List: Once each combat, Petaniqua may burn a blood to gain a press. During any round of combat after the first, a minion opposing Petaniqua takes 2 points of damage before range is determined. Petaniqua may recruit a werewolf ally as if she meets the requirements of playing that card. Recruiting allies and employing retainers costs Petaniqua 1 less blood or pool. +1 strength. +1 bleed. Infernal.

which is quite enough, even for a 9 capacity infernal vampire that costs you 10 pool and 13 transfers.
Last edit: 04 Jan 2012 03:34 by Adonai. Reason: added rulebook link

More
04 Jan 2012 19:59 #19902 by muushupork
Thanx for your help!! Ive been looking through the different new rulings that came out for each expansion and this one seemed the hardest.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds