file What's wrong with this game?

16 Jan 2012 17:10 #20965 by stikyard
Hi, my name is Rich. Living close to Chicago Illinois. I'm currently leading a group of about 6-8 players twice a month at my house.

We are always in need of more cards and many of the sets even the newer ones are super expensive. Keepers of Tradition and Heirs to Blood fairly new sets and they're like $200-$300 for a booster box. Old Starters can go for upwards to $50+.

So obviously, the game sells and I can't imagine that it's too awfully hard to turn a profit from card stock. So what's the problem?

I cant find a shop that supports this game and I live within forty miles of several gaming stores. We buy online and have bought a lot of Jyhad simply becuase it's affordable Camarrila cards.

And where's White Wolf? Have they given up on the game?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2012 17:31 #20966 by echiang
PM sent.

There actually is a group of Chicago players (which has unfortunately dwindled over the years). We would love to see some fresh blood in the area. And the Chicago playgroup does have a big box of free, giveaway cards....

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
16 Jan 2012 20:15 #20973 by Juggernaut1981
White Wolf has been bought by CCP (the makers of Eve Online) and CCP decided to get out making physical products (which is understandable from a computer program maker).

Stalk eBay for bulk lots is usually the way I recommend new or newer players build up a 'critical mass' of cards and then it becomes a combination of buy/trade for specifics.

Wish you the best also with getting into the games with Eric and his guys.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
16 Jan 2012 22:17 #20983 by Damnans

White Wolf has been bought by CCP (the makers of Eve Online) and CCP decided to get out making physical products (which is understandable from a computer program maker).

To top it all, WW/CCP are making physical products again:

www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/19-off-topic-forum/20982-the-onyx-path-rervival-of-the-classic-world-of-darkness#20982

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

More
17 Jan 2012 16:04 #20999 by brandonsantacruz
So many people have extra cards that they would give you, or maybe sell at a nominal cost, just to encourage new players. KoT and Heirs to the Blood, well they are in too high demand to expect to get many of those cards.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
17 Jan 2012 18:54 #21011 by stikyard

So many people have extra cards that they would give you, or maybe sell at a nominal cost, just to encourage new players. KoT and Heirs to the Blood, well they are in too high demand to expect to get many of those cards.

That is exactly my point. These are fairly new sets and they are in high demand, it seems silly that they would ignore the game when it has a large enough following to sell out cards in a relitively short time.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds