question-circle history

14 Jan 2013 05:29 #44046 by ReverendRevolver
history was created by ReverendRevolver
In the "special thanks to" section of The Kindred Most Wanted sourcebook from '94, Brian "the rat deck" Campbell is mentioned for "putting together the most noxious Jyhad deck yet."

I was wondering what exactly that was, as im always fascinated by decks fom the beginning of our game. Anyone remember?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2013 10:27 #44052 by david.tatu
Replied by david.tatu on topic Re: history
I do not know the answer but I will guess it was an army of rats deck. AoR was had the first errata so that is my guess.

David Tatu
V:EKN Scribe
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

More
14 Jan 2013 15:03 #44059 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: history
Thats what i was kind of assumimg, since i heard it used to stack (1damage per AoR) but i was just really curious, since ive never seen vtes/jyhad referenced in wod books(although to be fair, i have little in the way of old wod books, and kmw is the only non wraith one i have older than 2nd edition). I may ask one of our few anciemt players, if they show up to tourneys or origins.

More
15 Jan 2013 16:12 - 15 Jan 2013 20:59 #44088 by Soonerborn
Replied by Soonerborn on topic Re: history
Not totally on topic but there were a lot of gross combos in jyhad (and some players who refused to adopt errata - which was a really tough spot when you were desperate for players).

Stackable AoR was pretty ugly but it was about the best you could do with animalism at the time... malkies could always bleed for 6 a tap.

Anarch Revolt decks were probably worse, certainly in my experience, at least AoR targeted your prey.

VP sniper decks, sometimes via AR, sometimes just via gross amounts of table re-seating. I don't miss that.

Soul Gem comboing with Golconda (and Redeem the Lost Soul a couple years later).

I played against a guy once who had this deck full of 7 caps, he'd slap a necromancy (skill) card on the first one, then soul gem, golconda (and redeem), sould gem triggers the next 7-cap and then use Necro to pull the first one back out. When we called the game I beleive he had 60+ pool. It was the first and only time I ever saw that guy, when I explained that the combo wasn't actually legal anymore, the guy threw a shit fit. That guy never showed up for another game...

The origonal printing of fame... we used to make an embrace, make it famous, give it a zip gun... Rinse, repeat. Or when Dark Sovereigns came out you could fame up your gangrel and run the old Force of Will, Movement of the Slow Body, Rapid Healing combo (Horrific Countenance if needed).

AH had the most fucked up card; Return to Innocence... Sabbat had Legacy of Pander...
Last edit: 15 Jan 2013 20:59 by Soonerborn.

More
16 Jan 2013 01:55 #44104 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: history
Old Fame. Talbot Chainsaw. Charnas the imp. Chantry.
Oh look, you lose 6 pool during each of my master phase :)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
16 Jan 2013 16:34 #44129 by Soonerborn
Replied by Soonerborn on topic Re: history
OK help me out; Charnas and Talbot's damage effects both happen during untap. Chantry during master phase.

How are you dealing 6 each master phase? Two famous minions?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds