file Redesigned V:TES cards in the house of Bad Ideas.

03 Nov 2014 21:36 #67202 by self biased
with all of the work i'd been doing on the full bleed project, i began to wonder what the cards could look like given a full once-over. this thread is for these ideas and hopefully for the community to help me refine them, as the feedback was largely constructive and extremely valuable.

[ally]

Thought process: I was able to re-saturate the ally text box and manipulate it to create a background. Life/Strength/Bleed each now have their own blips. I tried to put things were people were generally used to seeing them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2014 22:29 #67203 by Juggernaut1981
I'd probably be thinking if you're going for a total reinvent...

I'm not a huge fan of the name-bar but *shrugs* it's mostly about not loving it looking too similar to Universal Fight System...

Card Type Icon 'on' the artwork under the start of the name or under the set icon on the right.

I think I'd want something else for the three colours, so they don't get mistaken for Capacity. Maybe not circles but squares... Life as a red square could work.

I was dabbling with the idea at one point of basically putting the number on another type of icon. So bleed would say be on some kind of 'destroyed' symbol, strength in a 'fist' icon (but not the potence icon) and so on.

Maybe also put the FoS icon centered above the Unique Mummy?

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
03 Nov 2014 23:10 #67204 by self biased

super asymmetrical design... i might try right-justification on the disciplines.

More
03 Nov 2014 23:18 - 03 Nov 2014 23:21 #67205 by ReverendRevolver
Before I comment on this, I love the premise, I dig the facelift concept, even if just as promos later.

Now, the life/strength/bleed I dont like. At all. Ally and action symbols need either put on the art/bar in the top righthnd corner, or put the FoS symbol on the upper left of text box and action/ally symbol in upper right of text.

Now, if we put white letters on darker Blue/Red/Green/purple(inherent stealth) id be happy with the stat circles, and Id say make them labeled in tiny text as well as place them under the text box or where disciplines go.

If we format stuff like this, other things will be easier in the future, and art pops more.

Lastly, with master cards that dont tap and equipment that doesnt tap, what about horizontal layout for the card in a promo? 44 magnum, sniper rifle, smiling jack, events, whatever dont tap. Unless we plan on making them tap later, some things may be easier to see as horizontal. Also, skill cards could be like this. Just a thought.

Back to the mummy, do we have to have a bar at the top? Logos and name on the art would be nice (at least for promo)

Vamps i dislike. Full bleed is good, this looks like it would be better withno bars. Opaque-semi transparent text box, clan and discipline symbols superimposed on the art itself, and cap totally opaque.
Last edit: 03 Nov 2014 23:21 by ReverendRevolver.

More
04 Nov 2014 02:38 #67206 by self biased
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
04 Nov 2014 03:04 #67207 by Juggernaut1981
Set icon?

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds