file Errata vs. Banning

23 Jan 2011 22:17 - 23 Jan 2011 22:17 #734 by Adonai
Errata vs. Banning was created by Adonai
Since I couldn't figure out how to add a Poll here, (perhaps it is restricted to admins), I created one on Board Game Geek.

boardgamegeek.com/article/6155422

What is your opinion?
Why do you hold that opinion?
Last edit: 23 Jan 2011 22:17 by Adonai.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2011 22:41 #735 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Errata vs. Banning
Polls have been restricted (default on Kunena). I've now allowed polls in Generic V:TES Discussion and Site & Forum Feedback. If someone wants to open a poll in any other section, you can always ask.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
24 Jan 2011 04:38 #736 by Lost_Heretic
Replied by Lost_Heretic on topic Re: Errata vs. Banning
I can't really vote either way.

Wholesale banning like in Magic is pretty awful.

Errata only seems like a good idea until you have to bring a binder to every tournament and half your car text is incorrect (This happened with Magi-Nation).

I guess you need to strike a balance and I think VtES has done that fairly well.

Darker Days Radio - The World of Darkness Podcast

More
24 Jan 2011 11:09 #739 by Shockwave
Replied by Shockwave on topic Re: Errata vs. Banning
I'll reiterate my post from there, as users without BGG logins cannot view the replies...

I can't even begin to conceive why people would advocate banning over errata. We have a collectively finite number of cards whilst the game is out of print, why would we want to reduce that?

I do believe in general, most cards are fine just as they are, but as long as access (Hello, vekn) to those errata is simple to obtain and locate, and our judges are on the ball, surely we want as many playable cards as possible in the game?

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester

More
24 Jan 2011 14:59 #746 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Errata vs. Banning
I'm absolutely against banning. Erratas should be done only in direst need. Most strong cards are okay, if the players learn to react in the right way to them. If you are scared by Pentex Sub. play one yourself to contest or pack Sudden Reversals/Washes. If you are scared by Parity Shift, play Delaying Tactics or other antivotetech. The game gives you so many possibilities. In my opinion simply removing cards from the game hurts its variety. Isn't it fun to search for a solution how to cope with dreadful things?
So, rather Errata than Banning, but only in emergency.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
24 Jan 2011 20:48 - 24 Jan 2011 20:49 #759 by KzArashi
Replied by KzArashi on topic Re: Errata vs. Banning
Even if will get more new cards I will not vote for banning anny cards. To me Magic sucks beouse have more banned cards than Alexandria library has book on the desks.
VTES have as much possibilities to ballance any card powers.
May be some peoples need cards banned becouse they are so accommodated that not deserve to change his decks or playing style becouse one card or other. B)

Priest of Rio de Janeiro
:sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
Youtube: Distant Shore
Last edit: 24 Jan 2011 20:49 by KzArashi. Reason: misstypes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds