file The next expansion

06 May 2020 11:28 #99760 by Poci
The next expansion was created by Poci
Hello!

So, after seeing the teasers for the soon-to-be-released 5th edition, I wanted to start a discussion about what comes after.

There are a few ideas, which I thought of that would majorly impact the diversity in the deck building department, namely:

- A Laibon expansion: most Laibon clans are witheld only because of poor crypt choices. Ishtarri, Osebo for example have great great library cards, all they lack is a crypt that can utilise them. Also, getting a workhorse Laibon vote would help a ton, but fixing Aye and Orun would do wonders.

- A Utilities expansion: now, this is a bit unorthodox here. I'd really like to see an expansion with only equipments/allies/retainers, ranging from generic weapons that anyone could use to clan/sect specific things.

- A Discipline expansion: this is pretty straightforward. Give new tools to disciplines that are underpowered. Everyone has their own opinion about this, so I'm not going to name any examples here.

What do you people think, what should (or shouldn't) come next?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2020 12:16 - 06 May 2020 12:19 #99762 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic The next expansion
Isn't it official that next is anarch set ? That said, i would like the most some kind of expansion that focus on discipline cards with clan focus (Similar to Aire of Elation, that are playable for other clans but shine when played by certain clan - but including antitribu clans, so for example it would be Potence card with bonus when played by Brujah/!Brujah).

To be fair, i don't really get why about half of library clan cards don't work this way.

Another theme is elder disciplines themed expansion.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 06 May 2020 12:19 by Lech.

More
06 May 2020 12:28 #99763 by Poci
Replied by Poci on topic The next expansion
If the next set is an Anarch set again, I'm going to be hella pissed. They already dominate the meta, I felt more often than not, that if I'm not an anarch on a table I'm already behind (revolts, etc.). Since parity was nerfed rather than giving the Sabbat an adequate vote to counterbalance, Anarchs have taken over. They are not in need of help, others are though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
06 May 2020 13:02 #99765 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic The next expansion
If anarch revolt is bothering you just play anarchs!

More
06 May 2020 13:17 #99766 by Poci
Replied by Poci on topic The next expansion
Well duh, but if I want to play anthing else I shouldn't be already behind.

More
06 May 2020 13:54 #99768 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic The next expansion

Isn't it official that next is anarch set ? That said, i would like the most some kind of expansion that focus on discipline cards with clan focus (Similar to Aire of Elation, that are playable for other clans but shine when played by certain clan - but including antitribu clans, so for example it would be Potence card with bonus when played by Brujah/!Brujah).

To be fair, i don't really get why about half of library clan cards don't work this way.

Another theme is elder disciplines themed expansion.

The next set should be a camarilla set. Theres already been several anarch sets. I dont see the point of writing camarilla off completely on the grounds of it "still being good with old cards." You always need new cards to keep things interesting.

The living card game model requires there to be a reason to buy new product. Eventually BCP is going to run out of interesting reprints.

ps. You only need one vampire in your crypt to be able to become or be anarch to counter revolts, doesn't mean you run an ANARCH deck per se.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds