question-circle V:TES can u mix editions??

27 Aug 2020 22:37 #100632 by AnemoneBlossom
Hi I and a few friends are looking into starting V:TES our local store have got in the 5th edition box, Iv been looking online but can only see the older edition deck's so my general question is can the older edition cards be mixed with the new edition? Or is it a case of waiting for them to bring out the new content?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2020 02:45 #100635 by Kilrauko
Replied by Kilrauko on topic V:TES can u mix editions??

Hi I and a few friends are looking into starting V:TES our local store have got in the 5th edition box, Iv been looking online but can only see the older edition deck's so my general question is can the older edition cards be mixed with the new edition? Or is it a case of waiting for them to bring out the new content?

There is no set rotation in VTES so you can mix old cards with the new ones.

You can use all the library cards available on your deck. For crypt, the game uses grouping rules to limit the availability of disciplines on vampires, the small numbers currently between 1(unnumbered) and 6 tell which group the vampire belongs into. For the deck to follow the rules, only vampires from max two adjacent groups, aka 1, 1-2, 2, 2-3, 3, 3-4, 4, 4-5, 5, 5-6 or 6 form a legal crypt. But you're free to use decades old cards in your library and crypt along with latest new cards, provided you keep in mind certain cards have had their text changed over the years and thus old printings might be out of date. You can check the latest card texts on www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/cardlist.txt VTES has prided itself on allowing people to use all the cards they've bought for over 25 years so you do not need to fear on card rotation.

Trust in Jan Pieterzoon.

More
28 Aug 2020 05:21 #100636 by Snodig
Replied by Snodig on topic V:TES can u mix editions??
Keep in mind that (very) old cards may have been changed in significant ways, and a very few have been banned.

More
28 Aug 2020 09:20 #100638 by Grzybas
Replied by Grzybas on topic V:TES can u mix editions??
Are you saying that your local store already got 5th edition boxes and is already selling them ?

More
28 Aug 2020 17:22 - 28 Aug 2020 17:22 #100639 by AnemoneBlossom
hi no sorry i ment they have them coming in, english is not my first language
Last edit: 28 Aug 2020 17:22 by AnemoneBlossom.

More
28 Aug 2020 23:07 #100641 by Hakuron
Replied by Hakuron on topic V:TES can u mix editions??
You should also be aware of the available PDF editions:
www.vekn.net/official-expansion-sets

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds