file New Player's kit (like third edition)

26 Nov 2012 19:38 #41783 by mirddes
i got given 3 players kit at a convention, sounds like a brilliant way to attract new blood

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2012 17:06 #41888 by ReverendRevolver
Actually, having a players kit sort of thing,or precons directed at new players is exactly the kind of thing that can help expand our playerbase. it seems like retention is more important than expansion currently, but once we are going again, I have several precon ideas just for newbies I've been working on and Will eventually post for critique.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mirddes

More
27 Nov 2012 17:54 #41894 by mirddes
players kit has to include 5 decks this time, not just4 like third edition

maybe make them full 102 card decks also.

how much should 510 cards cost?

how much blood should be included?

More
27 Nov 2012 19:31 #41898 by ReverendRevolver
Even 3 would suffice if we also make precons available. As for beads, that's maybe upping the cost too much. 180 is reasonable. but the 10th anniversary tins cost too much to make due to the tins, so I don't want to focus on anything but the cards for now. ideally, each box is a functional box to transport decks and supplies in to tournaments, has a play mat for each deck, and a strategy guide for each deck along with beads and counters.

but we are now talking about mass production of sealed product with random crap included. that's a financial risk not currently worth taking.

now, if we sold a players kit bundle and when you paid X amount you got to pick 3-5starter precons , playmate, beads, counters, and a box , that may work. just discount like 7% off of the total cost of the lot of things.

but that's still a hard thing to sell to distributors, let alone stores.

More
27 Nov 2012 19:38 #41899 by jhattara
I think the best approach for this would be to have a rotating set of 5 starters sold separately and possibly together with some bonus content, like beads, added to the whole package.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
27 Nov 2012 19:43 #41901 by ReverendRevolver
I think that would work too. we just need simple starters with pizazz. remember pokemon cards? They had shiny cards. we need something like that in our product or packaging and I think attracting new players would be easier. again, I think retention beats expansion at the present.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds