file Proxy Demo Decks Version 1.2 are now available for download! [updated Jan 2018]

28 Mar 2017 02:05 - 09 Jan 2018 03:00 #81225 by self biased
One of the things that I've always found challenging while running a demo was that there was usually a few Jyhad era or Sabbat War cards sprinkled in there to be extra confusing. I've spent the last few weeks getting things just right, and now I present to you Proxy Demo Decks!

The decks are based on Brettscho's Demo Deck Series . Each crypt was updated to g 3-4, with the exception of the Nosferatu deck, which runs g 2-3. Each library has been expanded to 70 cards, and the Malkavian deck now runs off of Dementation instead of Dominate. All cards use the text from the newest .CSV files and the modern card templates.

Decks are presented in two files, Crypt and Library. The "All Decks" option also contains five reference cards and one card to represent the Edge. Due to the limitations of the program I use to create these cards, the Discipline and multi-type cards are located in the crypt for each deck.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Last edit: 09 Jan 2018 03:00 by self biased.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2017 19:23 #81287 by self biased
I've noticed several errors that I'm working on fixing.

More
18 Apr 2017 23:38 #81514 by edrazeeba
These are really cool and would definitely be great for introducing people to the game, I'm seriously considering printing some off to hand out to people at demos.

Do you mind if I ask what programs you used to make these (Illustrator, GIMP)? Also, where can one download the templates for crypt and library card types? Or did you just make these yourself?

More
03 Jun 2017 14:48 #82096 by self biased
To Do: Update with new text.

More
11 Jul 2017 22:37 - 29 Nov 2023 20:28 #82560 by Lönkka
Peetu and Aapo designed some demo decks for this year's Ropecon. I think Teemu helped out too. Meant to be quick and simple decks with very few different cards just to quickly give basic idea how the game works.

Demopresence
www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=25963

Demodominate
www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=25964

Demodementation:
www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=25965

Demopotence:
www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=25958

I pointed out that a fifth deck might be nice so they built this one too:

Demofortitude (/animalism):
www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=26009

EDIT 29.11.2023: Updated version of those same decks can now be found at:
drive.google.com/file/d/1DHq86mw-F2gOTEY--bZF856fVTmtG4D3/view

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 29 Nov 2023 20:28 by Lönkka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, ResurrectioN, BaaliJusticar, self biased, ScoundrelAtHeart

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
12 Jul 2017 16:39 #82573 by Kraus
That's right! :)

They were already give a go in a couple of demos in Joensuu, and we were surprised by how slim they make the game - in a good way! You don't need to have all the political actions and whatnot to enjoy the initial EXPERIENCE on Vampire. All you need is the group of people and the basic actions.

Notes:
  • The demos are designed to play with 20 pool. Don't worry about order of transfers - just give the first player a go with 4 transfers.
  • Manouvers (and pre-range) are taken out of the equation on purpose. At the moment you'll make use of just strikes, and presses (with a hint of prevent in the mix).
  • You'll find surprisingly interesting synergies with vampires in this lot.
  • Capacity is onyl checked by the Dominate deck. You can give that to the one demoee who seems most experienced with card games.
  • Stealth and Intercept can't effectively go over 1, so it's all very binary. You can keep that in mind when demoing; there either is Stealth, or isn't, and same goes with Intercept.
  • The decks are very violent, but everyone can keep up with hunting and weapons spread around the decks. Chainsaw, wrm wrm!

If you have any questions feel free to ask! I'll be checking the forums pretty frequently atm, and Khormag (Aapo) should be reachable as well.

-Peetu

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, ResurrectioN, BaaliJusticar, self biased, ScoundrelAtHeart

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds