file Khazar`s Diary (Endless Night) question

29 Sep 2011 22:24 #11161 by Mael
Hi,

Quick question that came up in today's game.
Methuselah B has a Khazar's Diary in play with >7 counters.
Methuselahs A and B both have Giovanni, and both are taking advantage of the diary to create wraiths.
If Methuselah B get's ousted, what happens to the wraiths created by Methuselah A?

Khazar`s Diary (Endless Night)
+1 stealth action. Put the Diary in play, or add a counter to one in play. When a unique minion in play is burned, add another counter. While this card has seven or more counters, Giovanni get [NEC] and may take a +1 stealth action to put a minion from any ash heap into play to represent a wraith ally with 2 life, 0 strength, 1 bleed and +1 stealth.

How we played it was that they remain in play and still represent wraiths, but no more can be created. I'd just like to confirm that this is correct.

Thank you,

Seamus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2011 05:29 #11169 by Pascal Bertrand
That's seems to be a coherent handling of the issue.
I'll add it to the Rulings list.

More
30 Sep 2011 06:51 #11178 by Ankha
I think we can get inspiration from

Name: Absimiliard's Army
[Gehenna:R]
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace until a Methuselah is ousted.
Requires at least one other Gehenna card in play. During each Methuselah's untap phase, he or she may put the top card of his or her library in play. That card represents a -{nameless, textless}- ghoul ally with 2 life, 2 strength and 1 bleed. If the ally is burned, it is removed from the game. When a Methuselah is ousted, burn this card. Remove all such allies from the game when this card leaves play.

The fact that the allies are removed when Absimiliard's Army leaves play is explicitely stated (unless it's a reminded text, but it doesn't look like one). One could deduce that it means that otherwise they would stay in play as allies.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
30 Sep 2011 06:56 - 30 Sep 2011 06:59 #11179 by Pascal Bertrand
Yes, I checked Absimiliar's Army and Demdemeh first. Absimiliard's Army's text isn't reminder.
"They remain in play as allies" should also imply that they remember their starting life, their strength, bleed, and their +1 strength.

Same goes for allies created via Demdemeh's special, once she's gone (burned / removed from the game / out of play / ..): they remain in play (unless their controller was ousted).

EDIT: I can't think of any other card that generetes minions in that way (i.e. thes minions would not have their cardtext on them).
Last edit: 30 Sep 2011 06:59 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
30 Sep 2011 07:11 #11182 by Suoli

EDIT: I can't think of any other card that generetes minions in that way (i.e. thes minions would not have their cardtext on them).

Spell of Life, which usually leaves play before the minions are even generated.

More
30 Sep 2011 07:25 #11184 by Pascal Bertrand
Well, Spell of Life isn't really an issue, since the card itself isn't there when the minions are created.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds