file Ousted during a bleed

23 Feb 2012 15:24 #23974 by Miasmat
When declaring a default bleed, are you declaring a bleed directed at a specific methuselah or at "my prey, whoever that may be when the bleed resolves"?

Consider:
Meth A bleeds Meth B (at 1 pool) with a minion.
Meth B tries to block with something.
Meth A plays True Love's Face.
Meth B hates life and chooses to oust himself by burning a pool to cancel the card.

Does that action fizzle? Does the bleed fall through to Meth B's prey?

Can Meth A play a Freak Drive?

True Love's Face
:PRE: :OBF: Only usable when a minion attempts to block. That block fails (do not tap that minion). That minion cannot attempt to block this action again. That minion's controller may burn a pool to cancel this card as it is played.

Freak Drive
:for: Only usable at the end of a successful action (after resolving the action). This vampire untaps.
:FOR: As above, but usable even if the action is blocked (play after combat, if any).

I'm thinking that you have to declare a bleed against a specific target. The action fizzles (unsuccessfully and unblocked) when Meth B is ousted before the bleed resolves. Freak Drive can not be played.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2012 15:32 - 23 Feb 2012 15:33 #23975 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: Ousted during a bleed
I would say action will fizzle (no valid target). Rules: "By default, your minion's bleed actions can be directed only at your prey." Action is successful (was not blocked). Compare to This
Last edit: 23 Feb 2012 15:33 by Surreal.

More
23 Feb 2012 15:32 #23976 by Pascal Bertrand
Most of the answers can be found here: [LSJ 20090122] (note that LSJ got the FD part wrong in his first answer)

When declaring a default bleed, are you declaring a bleed directed at a specific methuselah or at "my prey, whoever that may be when the bleed resolves"?

Against a specific Methuselah (who is your prey at the moment the bleed is declared).

Consider:
Meth A bleeds Meth B (at 1 pool) with a minion.
Meth B tries to block with something.
Meth A plays True Love's Face.
Meth B hates life and chooses to oust himself by burning a pool to cancel the card.

Does that action fizzle? Does the bleed fall through to Meth B's prey?

The bleed doesn't land on the target's prey (think of what would happen when you bleed your predator with Kindred Spirits). It fizzles if it reaches resolution unblocked.

Can Meth A play a Freak Drive?

Sure. The action was successful.

I'm thinking that you have to declare a bleed against a specific target. The action fizzles (unsuccessfully and unblocked) when Meth B is ousted before the bleed resolves. Freak Drive can not be played.

Freak Drive is playable on successful actions. A fizzling action is successful. Ergo, Freak Drive is playable on a fizzling action (such as bleeding an ousted Methuselah, for instance).

More
23 Feb 2012 15:51 #23977 by Miasmat
Replied by Miasmat on topic Re: Ousted during a bleed

Compare to This

Yeah, that's the post that got me thinking about it.

What I didn't realize is that a fizzled action is successful. No pool was burned, so it's not a successful bleed, right?

More
23 Feb 2012 16:16 #23978 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Ousted during a bleed
Succesful action and succesful bleed are two different things. Like for example, if your bleed is reduced to 0 with telepathic counter its not a succesful bleed, but the action was still succesful (assuming it wasn't blocked)

More
23 Feb 2012 16:24 #23979 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Ousted during a bleed

Succesful action and succesful bleed are two different things. Like for example, if your bleed is reduced to 0 with telepathic counter its not a succesful bleed, but the action was still succesful (assuming it wasn't blocked)

Technically, the "bleed action" was successful, even though the "bleed" wasn't successful.

Succesful bleed action <> Successful bleed.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds