file After resolution effects vs "end the action"

08 May 2012 07:13 - 08 May 2012 07:14 #29659 by Malachy
Heys again!

My question is the following: Ariadne bleeds with Force of Will and for some strange reason she does that without Daring the Dawn or Day Operation. My prey attempts to block. Ariadne's vile plot has come to fulfillment: She plays a Kiss of Ra sending the clueless vampire to torpor while she's avoiding Fore of Will's effect. Is this parable valid?

Kiss of Ra, The

[Action Modifier] Action Modifier

[Fortitude] Fortitude

[3 Blood]

Only usable when a vampire who does not have Fortitude attempts to block this acting minion.
[for] The block attempt is canceled, the blocking vampire burns 2 blood, and the current action is ended (without combat).
[FOR] As above, and send the blocking vampire to torpor.

Force of Will

[Action] Action

[Fortitude] Fortitude

[1 Blood]

Only usable by a tapped vampire.
[for] (D) Bleed with +1 bleed. After resolution, this vampire takes 2 unpreventable aggravated damage even if the action is blocked.
[FOR] As above, but with +2 bleed, and the acting vampire takes only 1 unpreventable aggravated damage.

NC of Hungary

///
Last edit: 08 May 2012 07:14 by Malachy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2012 07:46 #29663 by Lönkka
I'd be inclined to say that after Kiss of Ra ends the current action the action has now been resolved and Ariadne (FOR) takes 1 unpreventtable aggravated.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
08 May 2012 08:03 #29664 by Malachy
If that would be the case my fellow Lönkka, Ariadne could as well play Freak Drive which is forbidden after "end the action" effect (such as Cats' Guidence vs Mirror Walk, and all "after the resolution" vs "end the action" cards). My parable could tell to story of Force of Will and Mirror Walk, but in that case the action was blocked (I still do not know what happens, what overwrites what because FoW sais even if the action is blocked, but MW jumps that part, because there is no resolution).

NC of Hungary

///

More
08 May 2012 08:10 #29665 by Ankha
Kiss of Ra ends the action (doesn't cancel it). The minion takes the aggravated damage of the Force of Will.

groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/88f3240c6c4d8181

Change of Target used to be in the same boat, but now "ends" the action
rather than canceling it, so the FoW damage would still be applied if
the action is Change of Targetted.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
08 May 2012 08:26 #29667 by Malachy
Change of Target differs from Kiss of Ra because the action is never blocked but attempted to block. I know this is not your point, but according to your 2002 LSJ ruling, there IS a resolution after "end the action" effect in which the damage is dealt. Is this a special case with FoW or am I missing something?

NC of Hungary

///

More
08 May 2012 09:46 - 08 May 2012 09:47 #29672 by Ankha

Change of Target differs from Kiss of Ra because the action is never blocked but attempted to block. I know this is not your point, but according to your 2002 LSJ ruling, there IS a resolution after "end the action" effect in which the damage is dealt. Is this a special case with FoW or am I missing something?

FoW is special because the damage effect is applied even if the action is not successful.
The only way not to take the damage from FoW is to cancel the action at some point, which is not the case here (Kiss of Ra doesn't cancel the action).
Even if FoW would fizzle (acting has 1 blood, is blocked, continues with Form of Mist burning his last blood), the acting would take the agg damage (fizzle actions are "successful").

All actions resolve, except those that are canceled.

www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/6-rules-questions/23898-superior-faceless-night-vs-action-fails#23898

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 08 May 2012 09:47 by Ankha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds