file Joseph DiGiaccomo & Untaping

11 Oct 2012 18:40 #38906 by extrala

Joseph DiGiaccomo [KoT:V]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Ventrue
Group: 5
Capacity: 6
Discipline: aus dom for PRE
Camarilla: Joseph untaps whenever any Methuselah puts a master: location in play.

Does Jospeh untap when a Master: location (in the narrow sense) is put into play, or does his special ability also includes Master: unique locations?

I guess the former, but I want to make sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2012 18:44 #38909 by Squidalot
Unique locations are a subset of locations.

I assume you're waiting for Pascal to answer this - but you can see how 'location' applies equally with Arika or Therbold Realty to 'Unique' and non-unique locations.

More
11 Oct 2012 19:10 #38911 by extrala
I agree on the subset relation between general locations and unique locations. But both Arika and Therbold Realty use only the word "locations", while Joseph explicitly uses the term "Master: location".

So let's wait what the official rules monger has to say about this ..

More
11 Oct 2012 19:33 - 11 Oct 2012 19:35 #38912 by Ankha

I agree on the subset relation between general locations and unique locations. But both Arika and Therbold Realty use only the word "locations", while Joseph explicitly uses the term "Master: location".

So let's wait what the official rules monger has to say about this ..

Because Arika affects Palatial Estate, whereas Joseph ignores it.
Anyway, a Master: unique location is a location + a master + a unique card, so if it's a least a Master + location, Joseph is happy and untaps.
Think also of Path of Typhoon that reduce the cost of cards that require Serpentis and that work on Typhonic Beast that require Serpentis + Potence.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 11 Oct 2012 19:35 by Ankha.

More
11 Oct 2012 21:55 #38921 by Pascal Bertrand

Unique locations are a subset of locations.

Correct - which means the answer to the initial question is "Yes, Joseph untaps when Secure Haven (or other similar Master: unique location) are put in play".

For some reason, non-master unique locations have beene reworded to "location. unique." but no the master cards. I'll see to have this checked for the next RTR.

More
12 Oct 2012 08:38 #38959 by Azel
Might I submit a request that non-master locations be addressed in RTR by the loving community sobriquet of 'locquipment'? It'd be a truly groundbreaking CCG keyword.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds