file The Rack vs changing control

30 Jan 2020 08:31 #98815 by Raven
Hello,

Let's say vampire has The Rack targeted at her.
Then she goes to torpor and other player plays Graverobbing at her and takes control.

How The Rack works from this moment? Does it give blood to targeted vampire regardless of player who controls vampire?

Similar situation but this vampire is Capuchin. Capuchin is somehow burned.
What happens then? Does he uses his ability and returns under the control of his owner or stays under the control of recent controller in uncontrolled region?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2020 09:57 - 30 Jan 2020 10:26 #98818 by Yomyael
Ahoi,

first: you should post relevant card text along with the rules question, it makes it a lot easier to just look at the question and answer it, instead of first searching for the card text.

Rack

For the first question, I'm not 100% sure if this answer is correct. The card text references "the controller", from context I deduce it is the controller of the rack. So it would happen during the unlock phase. It sais "the vampire can gain 2 blood". The question in my opinion boils down to: who chooses if this can effect is used? I'd say the controller of the Rack chooses. Therefore the vampire would gain 2 blood, no matter who controls the vampire, if the controller of he rack chooses it to be so.

Capuchin

For the second question: Again, not 100% sure, but I assume that a vampire cannot move to the uncontrolled region of a player who is not the owner of the card (same as Ash Heap, Library, etc.). But if this implies the Capuchin is moved to his owners uncontrolled or is simply burned, I do not know.

Prince of Bonn, Germany
Last edit: 30 Jan 2020 10:26 by Yomyael. Reason: All wrong - interesting^^

More
30 Jan 2020 10:13 - 17 Apr 2020 14:49 #98819 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic The Rack vs changing control

Let's say vampire has The Rack targeted at her.
Then she goes to torpor and other player plays Graverobbing at her and takes control.

How The Rack works from this moment? Does it give blood to targeted vampire regardless of player who controls vampire?

A controls the Rack. B controls the vampire chosen by the Rack.
During A's unlock phase, B can choose to add 2 blood the chosen vampire, because the Rack reads "the chosen vampire can", not "you can" or "the controller of the Rack".

Similar situation but this vampire is Capuchin. Capuchin is somehow burned.
What happens then? Does he uses his ability and returns under the control of his owner or stays under the control of recent controller in uncontrolled region?

If B was controlling the Capuchin when it burned, the Capuchin goes to B's uncontrolled region.

REVERSAL : The Capuchin goes to his owner's uncontrolled region. See www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/78568-the-capuchin-burns-temporary-control?start=12#99616

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 17 Apr 2020 14:49 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raven

More
31 Jan 2020 13:23 - 31 Jan 2020 13:23 #98829 by Raven
Replied by Raven on topic The Rack vs changing control
Thank You for all answers,

one more thing:

If I take control over vampire until my next untap phase using Malkavian Dementia.

Malkavian Dementia
Master.
You control a ready Malkavian that another Methuselah controls until your next untap phase.

And before my next untap phase owner of this vampire is ousted, what will happen with this vampire in my next untap phase?
Last edit: 31 Jan 2020 13:23 by Raven.

More
31 Jan 2020 13:55 - 31 Jan 2020 13:55 #98830 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic The Rack vs changing control

And before my next untap phase owner of this vampire is ousted, what will happen with this vampire in my next untap phase?

You return the vampire to their previous controller, and since that player has been ousted, the vampire is removed from the game.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 31 Jan 2020 13:55 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raven

More
15 Mar 2021 19:32 #101858 by beslin igor
What about Rack impulse?
For exaple A control Rack,B control vampire,i beleive A must resolve all mandatory stuff,and when pass impulse to B,B  can gain from Rack,correct?
And for example if is anarch Revolt in play,and A is in one pool without anarch,A die before give chance to B gain bloods from Rack,correct?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds