file Can't open xml files in ardb 3.2.1

31 Jul 2013 17:21 #52569 by jpas
I just recently downloaded ardb 3.2.1 and now encountered a problem with it.

If I try to open a deck I previously made (the .xml file) in the deck builder, I get the message:

"An error occurred while opening E:\filepath\etc\deckname.xml"

OS is win 7.

Is there something I'm missing here? I thought it might be because the file name ardb assignes for the xml might contain apostrophes or scandinavian letters like ä or even spaces, but when I edited those out of the file name the error remained. I also tried removing all the data files and unzipping the stuff again but the error persisted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2013 18:30 #52571 by Ke.
Make sure you're not using any non-ascii characters in the deck title or description.

I found that when using an em-dash (—) and saving ARDB would not subsequently open the deck.

Try opening the .xml doc in a text editor and checking the title / description / author for odd characters...

More
31 Jul 2013 20:57 #52572 by jpas
I opened the xml file with notepad and removed/replaced the spaces and scandic letters from deck name and description but error still remained.

Think I'm doomed to having to redo the decks? :)

More
04 Aug 2013 16:34 #52717 by jpas
Anyone have any ideas or similar problems? I'm currently assuming the problem has somethign to do with my OS being windows 7 64 bit.

Even when I made a new deck with no weird symbold in name or description I could not open the .xml file afterwards.

More
04 Aug 2013 17:05 - 04 Aug 2013 17:05 #52718 by Adonai

I'm currently assuming the problem has something to do with my OS being windows 7 64 bit.

I'm still using 3.1.1, which was flawless on Win7 64-bit for years, and has behaved perfectly on Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8.1.

I'm confident that it isn't an issue with the operating system.

Have you contacted the people that have worked on the program, here?

code.google.com/p/ardb/issues/list

or here?

groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ardb-devel
Last edit: 04 Aug 2013 17:05 by Adonai.

More
11 Oct 2013 08:32 #55121 by Drugo
any news on this problem? I experience the same error too. :(

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds