file Will any of the current deckmaking/inventory tools do the trick for me?

24 Apr 2014 18:06 - 24 Apr 2014 18:08 #61503 by Tendoncutter
Greetings fellow VTES'ers

I've been playing for quite some time on and off with a small group of people, and we've managed, mostly through W&N, to establish a swell coollection among us. I recently picked up a sizable lot of older cards to add to the collection, which means we've gotten to 5k+ cards, though many are ties up in modified preconstructs(think we have roughly 25 playable decks), but we have a lot of undecked cards as well.

I, seemingly as the only one in the group, have a need to catalogue all of them, so as to better be able to modify and potentially create new decks and combinations. I need a tool for this, though. I am currently feeding cards into a secret library account, but I wanted to make sure i wasn't wasting time by using a tool that won't cover my needs.
What I'm specifically looking for is the ability to keep a full inventory, preferably devided into each base set/expansion, although the last bit is not a must. It should also be possible to type in all the decks we currently have, public or private is not a major issue. The most important feature though, is that for every card listed in a deck, I need that information to be visible in my inventory, so I will be able to see how many copies are tied up in various decks, so I know how many are available for deck building. For instance: Let's say I have 10 Bleeding the vine in total, and 4 of those are ties up in other decks that i have uploaded to the database as well, I would need a the tool to be able to tell that I have 6 left for other decks.
Is this combination of features possible with any of the existing updated tools? Or would I need to create my own thing in say excel?

Any input is appreciated.

Sorry for the WoT post, been on my mind for a while. B-)
First post FTW!
Last edit: 24 Apr 2014 18:08 by Tendoncutter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2014 18:34 #61504 by Marakh
Hi.
I think FELDB can do what you want (it has an inventory,and when you build a deck,you have the option to count it towards said inventory), but I haven't tried this feature yet, so I might be wrong. Also I don't know which is the latest build of FELDB, but after a quick search I found this version,it seems fairly new: This one.
Have fun with it.
PS: I had a problem whit the program, when I updated it from an older version, the newer one had an empty inventory file in it which overwrote all my decks, so if you're going to use the program don't commit the same mistakes I did: check what files you are copying when updating.

More
24 Apr 2014 19:58 #61505 by drnlmza
Sutekh can do this. You create the decks as children of your inventory, and then use the "Parent set minus cards sets in use" option to show the difference between the cards in the inventory and cards used in the decks.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
25 Apr 2014 12:04 #61527 by Tendoncutter
Cheers for the feedback. I'll take a look at these two and see what works best for me :)

More
28 Apr 2014 07:53 - 28 Apr 2014 07:55 #61607 by Tendoncutter
I've installed Sutekh, and it seems to be working well. I noticed something that I haven't been able to solve. When I add cards from the white wolf list to my main inventory/deck, I drag them over and they register correctly as for instance a Jyhad base card. But if I have multiple copies I thought it possible to just increase the count in the inventory after adding the first card. But now the additional copies show up as "unspecified expansion" instead of the same expansion as the added card. Any way around this?

Due to buying booster displays, I have quite a few copies of cards from one expansions, so having to drag 9 copies to get the proper expansion listed seems rather dreary, so was hoping for an alternative?
Last edit: 28 Apr 2014 07:55 by Tendoncutter.

More
28 Apr 2014 08:39 #61609 by drnlmza
In an editable card set, you can quickly set the number between 1 and 9 by using the number keys. You can also increase and decrease the number for each card by using the '+' or '-' keys, or the '+' or '-' buttons displayed in the card set. This is a bit tedious for very large numbers of cards, but works pretty well for most cases.

So to set your inventory to have 9 Jyhad Bum's Rushes - add one, then in the inventory select the Jyhad Bum's rush and press 9.

For entering sets where everything is from a single expansion, the "Set selection to single expansion" option can also be useful. Simply enter the cards without worrying about the expansion, then set them all to the correct expansion in one go.

(It may better to move further Sutekh-specific discussion to the user mailing list - see sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sutekh/wiki/MailingLists)

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds