file Cause and Effect - 02

25 Oct 2011 19:56 - 25 Oct 2011 21:59 #12820 by Forhead
Greetings!

We just finished our second episode of Cause and Effect. After getting alot of input and feedback, we decided to make the each episode in two part (ideally they'll be around 40-45 minutes each). We took a big topic this time and we ended up with more width than depth. It took longer then we had hoped for, so the second part is closer to an hour. The topic of this episode is allies. And the challenge for next week is to build a blood denial deck.

Send any comments, suggestions and contribution for this weeks challenge to . Comments, suggestions, discussion concerning allies and anything else concerning this episode can be posted in this thread.

All the decks for the PRE/PRO-challenge will be posted and discussed in a separate thread.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark
Last edit: 25 Oct 2011 21:59 by Forhead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2011 05:49 - 26 Oct 2011 05:54 #12862 by medborgareF
I really like the CnE idea but i would recommend that you either use most recent printings of the cards you discuss or that you point out what isn't. In e2 you were for example talking about nephandus and said it would die from sup crows. it won't since it is a damaging effect and if you read the MRP you see that nephandus' special apply to all damaging effects.

ignore last part of message. I, obviously, was the one not reading card texts carefully. :blush:
Last edit: 26 Oct 2011 05:54 by medborgareF. Reason: wrong thinking

More
26 Oct 2011 05:55 #12864 by CryWolf
Replied by CryWolf on topic Re: Cause and Effect - 02
As usual, excellent work. I'm a fan. :)

Just some comments. I'm not sure if my setup had something to do with the Cons. I downloaded the episodes via a YouTube downloader and watched in VLC.

Pros:
- Consistently excellent video feed from Adam. Isak's is the best setting for him so far.
- Live feedback to viewers

Cons:
- Poor video of Anders in the first few minutes of Part 1
- Unsynched video/audio for most of the episode

As for the content, I liked how there was depth in the discussion: the topic went from popular allies, supporting cards for allies and hated cards for allies.

It's funny how Isak kept repeating:

If you think you'll face an Entrancement-heavy, or a :PRE: Presence-heavy, meta, put away your :ally: ally deck.

Keep up the good work!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forhead

More
26 Oct 2011 09:38 #12869 by Forhead
Replied by Forhead on topic Re: Cause and Effect - 02

As usual, excellent work. I'm a fan. :)

Just some comments. I'm not sure if my setup had something to do with the Cons. I downloaded the episodes via a YouTube downloader and watched in VLC.

Pros:
- Consistently excellent video feed from Adam. Isak's is the best setting for him so far.
- Live feedback to viewers

Cons:
- Poor video of Anders in the first few minutes of Part 1
- Unsynched video/audio for most of the episode

As for the content, I liked how there was depth in the discussion: the topic went from popular allies, supporting cards for allies and hated cards for allies.

It's funny how Isak kept repeating:

If you think you'll face an Entrancement-heavy, or a :PRE: Presence-heavy, meta, put away your :ally: ally deck.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you! Both for being a fan of our show and for giving us usful input. Anders video is at times blurry because of bandwidth. So there we know why it is like it is and there's really not much we can do about that. The video/audio sync issue I leave to Adam to answer.

Concerning the quote. Yeah, but it is imporant to stress that Entrancement will make you loose the game (most probably).

Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark

More
26 Oct 2011 10:17 #12871 by Xaddam
Replied by Xaddam on topic Re: Cause and Effect - 02
There are tools to sync a delayed video or sound, but as far as I can tell it's only helpful if the entire video is out of sync. I think my video and sound is synced (since I'm at the computer which is recording) but that Anders and Isak are unsynced. If this is the case a program to fix the sync post-production will only make my voice unsynced, unfortunately. So this I would ascribe to our budget or technical limitations. Maybe a solution will present itself, but I can't promise much.

Thanks for the feedback, both the pros and the cons!

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro

More
26 Oct 2011 10:52 #12874 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Cause and Effect - 02
Another great show, as expected. ;)
You are solidifying the format. I'd advise to keep it for 2 or 3 other shows.
Maybe you could take a camera to the EC and interview relevant people there, post the interviews throughout a few weeks on the youtube channel and comment on them in the shows.
It seems obvious that all the tournaments during the EC and their TWDs will give you lots and lots of material for months.
It would be extra awesome for those that cannot go, like me. :(

Cheers!
Tiago

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds