file On Lilith's Blessing 3. "problematic card"

17 Nov 2011 19:00 #14792 by echiang

Possible Solutions:
1. Banning
2. Cardtext Changes:
2.a. Unique
2.b. Forcing a discipline card to be fetched (similar to The Becoming). (Actually this is not my idea, but another German player (Sebastian?) suggested this this week to me).

2.c. Limit it to once per player (Unique could be an issue if later down the line you want to do more with the Bahari trait)
3. Do nothing with Lilith's Blessing and instead do something to "fix" Villein

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala, Juggernaut1981

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2011 08:00 #14971 by wastaz

2.b. Forcing a discipline card to be fetched (similar to The Becoming). (Actually this is not my idea, but another German player (Sebastian?) suggested this this week to me).

I really like this idea. It's really quite interesting.
However, I am

PRO
* The real problem is villein. Getting a vampire to 0 blood in the master phase is hard to do reliably without it.
* It already costs 1 MPA to put Liliths into play, and another MPA each time you want to use it. I've never seen this card as a problem because often enough choosing between using liliths and playing an actual master card is just so damn hard when I'm actually in the game.
* To use it reliably you have to fill your deck with them, playing just 1 liliths in a deck of 90 is just asking for not seeing it during your entire game.

Of course, the multiple-master-action craze that is going on right now is making liliths a better card than otherwise. Heck, with Nana or Anson out you could potentially even use minion tap to do the villein-liliths combo if you wanted :)
Though I still feel that the main problem is villein and its trifleness. With Anson out I could potentially do Minion Tap+Lilith on one of my vampires. But that would be it. With Anson out and villein I could do Villein+Lilith+Another cool master, which is much better.

If the proposed fixes to villein (limit the blood it takes for instance) is done, I don't see that Liliths should be a huge problem (except for decks that only bloat, but if you want to make a bloat-only deck then go ahead, more power to you).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
19 Nov 2011 09:58 #14984 by Joscha
Thank you for the sumup. I'd take it right as options for the poll.

1. Banning
2. Cardtext Changes:
2.a. Unique
2.b. Forcing a discipline card to be fetched (similar to The Becoming).
2.c. Limit it to once per player
3. Let the card unchanged, the card is okay that way.

Did I miss something? Should one option be worded in another way?

Baron of Frankfurt

More
19 Nov 2011 12:32 #15009 by Brum

More
19 Nov 2011 13:02 #15014 by Sudden Reversal
2a

Aaron
Archbishop
Adelaide

More
19 Nov 2011 15:21 - 19 Nov 2011 15:21 #15029 by Ashur
PRO

I´m not really for errata nor banning. I´ve tried the card in several decks and find that if you use alot of them without having extra MPAs, you don´t get to play many other funny masters. With extra MPAs it´s another thing, but that´s a whole other problem - the extra MPA-decks are too strong in general and needs some good hosing.

Suggested master-hosing card:
Methuselah´s Thirst
Event
The first non-out of turn master played in each master phase cost 1 additional pool. Each subsequent non-out of turn master played cost 2 additional pool.
(This card also speeds up games = good. Alternatively, it could be first master = 0 additional pool, each subsequent = 2 additional pool.)

Suggested Bahari-hoser:
Give pain to seekers
Unique master
Tap this card during your minion phase and choose a vampire. Once until your next untap phase, the chosen vampire may burn 1 blood to enter combat with any minion as a (D) action. If the minion is Bahari, this action is at +1 stealth. Any vampire can steal this card as a (D) action.
(Note: Might need some more restrictions. But you get the idea.)

Another suggested Bahari-hoser:
Lilith´s Damnation
Master
Put this card in play. As a master phase action, you may tap this card choose a ready non-Bahari vampire. That vampire burns one blood and becomes Bahari.

(Note: If any Bahari-hosing cards are harsh, it also opens up for good cards playable by Bahari.)

If you absolutely want to errata the Blessing, I suggest forcing the adding of a skill card (as per The Becoming).

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
Last edit: 19 Nov 2011 15:21 by Ashur.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds