file On Anthelios 8. "problematic card"

04 Dec 2011 21:56 #17074 by Ankha

Uncoiling is a great card and I play it a lot. The sole problem with it is that it randomly targets and event and in my games often multiple events are on the table (unmasking. Dragon bound ...). So you have a one in 1-4 chance usually and then the evil MPA guy will blow up uncoiling even if it costs him a couple of pool. So while it is a good silver bullet it is a bit too random for my taste as a sole counter vs Anthelios.

Try Uncoiling + Fourth Cycle. It resolves most situations.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2011 22:10 #17078 by bakija

Try Uncoiling + Fourth Cycle. It resolves most situations.

Totally. That is a completely carpet bombing of any event based strategy in 2 cards. Fourth Cycle demolishes the Imbued and any deck that uses 2+ events. Uncoiling gets the single event decks. I'd think these would show up more, especially if events are tearing up a metagame environment.

More
04 Dec 2011 22:15 - 04 Dec 2011 22:17 #17082 by Izaak
Uncoiling sees a lot of play in my experience.

I think Fourth Cycle should see more play, but there really aren't that many mainstream Gehenna event-based decks in the current metagame. I mean, sure Anthelios and Unmasking see a LOT of play, but most tables won't have both. Dragonbound is very rarely played and the event that do see regular play (other than Unmasking and Anthelios) aren't Gehenna.
Last edit: 04 Dec 2011 22:17 by Izaak.

More
05 Dec 2011 08:40 #17099 by Lech
I played break the code and fourth cycle, you cannot go wrong with hosing imbued.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds