file On Anthelios 8. "problematic card"

03 Dec 2011 14:43 #16925 by Jeff Kuta
PRO

Anthelios is strong, probably overly strong, but not worth banning or errata.

The main issue is Events in general, Gehenna events in particular.

Now that the whiners don't have to buck up for Villeins, they can go spend that money on Ashur Tablets, then STFU and PTG. ;)

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Khaan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2011 16:25 #16930 by Wedge
CON-

recursion is strong and time consuming. This card gives recursion to all Meth. but only the MMPA's will really benefit. It was the first event, so it could not have a Gehenna requirement, it does not reduce your hand size for any period of time,
and is the most powerful event i.e. the cards it effects are the most powerful in the game.

I know the game is perfect, suck it up and play the game. Should we really think of that as a valid argument? Why don't we lift all ban's and play all original cards text. army of rats stacks, immortal grapple lasts the whole combat, mind rape is forever, pulled fangs agg, sit switching, PTO Cams only
etc..etc..etc..

There are allot of master cards that people think are over powered, Anthelios allows them to be played more. For the most part its the perpetual wash/sudden/DI I think is the problem. How do you build to combat that?

More
03 Dec 2011 17:08 #16932 by Bell
PRO

The card has been around for a long time, is very strong, but not broken. I hear/read people who are always in favor of variety/creativity in decks and this card allows certain decks to do so. That being said, right now there seems to be somewhat of a backlash against Master-heavy decks. That discussion has been going on all over for a while now, but that's a different topic.

For this card I think the problem is more with Events in general - that there are so few ways to get rid of the Event (Uncoiling, Not to Be, etc) or they just don't see play for whatever reason. Anthelios (and Events in general) can only be played once per game and this card's power level is certainly not on par with Edge Explosion. I'd keep the card as is, but perhaps down the road make burning Events more attractive/easier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
03 Dec 2011 17:57 #16938 by johannes
From my point of view it should be easier to destroy events, however in return people should be allowed to play them more than once. It would also remove the problem where you build a deck around certain events and if someone else plays them first and dies you are screwed ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand

More
03 Dec 2011 18:36 #16945 by Amenophobis

From my point of view it should be easier to destroy events, however in return people should be allowed to play them more than once. It would also remove the problem where you build a deck around certain events and if someone else plays them first and dies you are screwed ...

The rules regarding events would have to be rewritten, if you want to achieve this.

More
03 Dec 2011 18:52 - 03 Dec 2011 18:56 #16948 by Boris The Blade

It would also remove the problem where you build a deck around certain events and if someone else plays them first and dies you are screwed ...

Which particular event are you thinking about? Most of them affect the whole table, so it does not matter who plays them.

EDIT:

Nevermind, I just missed the "and dies" part.
Last edit: 03 Dec 2011 18:56 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds