file Limit master cards?

22 May 2012 05:24 #30901 by Ashur
Limit master cards? was created by Ashur
I´m sick and tired of the master decks. It´s getting monotonous, boring and way too good. Also, it´s not really in tune with what I perceive as the theme of VTES, with methuselahs influencing minions to do their bidding. Now it´s more like players flipping, fetching and shuffling in a more and more solitaire/MTG-style of game. It´s more and more about drawing the right card (Tablets, Infernal Pursuit etc) instead of make the right decision, for example block/not block.

What about limiting master cards in decks? 20 % maybe?

For example, rounded up, this would be
20 % of 90 cards = 18
20 % of 70 cards = 14

As I see it,
Pros: Less master-focused decks, more minion-focused playing. Very subjective of course, but I think this is more fun.
Cons: Limits deckbuilding. Limits odd masters seeing play. Another reason for deckchecking/penalties in tournaments.

What do you think? Please be gentle.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2012 05:51 #30907 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Limit master cards?
To quote one of my all time favourite commenters, Mr Horse:
"No Sir, I don't like it."

Currently, besides the deck minumum and maximum, there is no restrictions in the deck building. This would be just a needles complication.

If the master heavy meta is aggravating to you build your own decks accordingly. There are many ways to approach this without being to reactive about it so you get to do your own thang too.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: acbishop, Agamemnon

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
22 May 2012 06:40 #30914 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Limit master cards?

I´m sick and tired of the master decks. It´s getting monotonous, boring and way too good.

Then why not play more Sudden Reversal? Wreck the decks you don't like! Take revenge on them! Destroy any chances they have of getting a VP!

Come on, people. You're better than this.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Agamemnon

More
22 May 2012 07:20 #30917 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Limit master cards?

Then why not play more Sudden Reversal? Wreck the decks you don't like! Take revenge on them! Destroy any chances they have of getting a VP!

I love how you try to make believe it would work. Using 100% of your master phase to counter 50% or 33% of their is not exactly enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur, Ummon, Boris The Blade

More
22 May 2012 07:28 #30919 by Myrdin
Replied by Myrdin on topic Re: Limit master cards?

Come on, people. You're better than this.

Sudden Reversal doesn't really cut it as a master-hoser vs multi masterphase action decks. Take the increasingly popular Huitzilopochtli-AAA deck, with Anthelios out a sudden reversal barely dents it's the master phase, it just picks up the same master card and plays it again. (Consider 4 master phase actions with Parthenon out).

One player in stockholm started to use wash/bleeding the vine and house of sorrows which has been working out better, but master phases are hard to stop/interact with.

My main problem though is how combat is becoming less and less valid without an Ashur package, that worries me.

Ivan - Prince of Stockholm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
22 May 2012 07:42 #30922 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Limit master cards?

My main problem though is how combat is becoming less and less valid without an Ashur package, that worries me.

IMHO, combat deck is the worse deck to include Ashur Tablets in. It screws your card flow.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds