file Limit master cards?

23 May 2012 05:38 #31014 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Limit master cards?

Metagames shift. In my most recent tournament final, I was thwarted as three Sudden Reversals/Washes stopped my Maleficia deck cold.

If all Methuselahs cared enough to consider MMPA a problem, they would try to metagame against it, meaning include more SR/W.

This doesn´t work in my experience. I have 1 Sudden/Wash each turn, they have 3-4 MPA:s. See also Myrdins reply here
[url=

]www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/41-card-balance-a-strategy-discussion/30901-limit-master-cards#30919[/url]

Others have suggested rush combat as a strategy against MMPA decks. If the vampires which provide extra MPAs are not ready, then the deck stalls.

Rush combat is very, very hard to play. If you want to win tables that is, and not just make a crater and ruin the day for 1-2 other players.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2012 06:24 #31017 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Limit master cards?

I wouldn't like this solution for 2 main reason even if this would make some game play sense.
1. Ashurs made suddenly many combat decks viable and that is good thing.

This is totally fxxxed up. If the design intent was to make combat decks more viable, I´m sure even the most stupid designers would have come up with something else.

2. Some could have spent close to 100$ to get 9x Ashurs so banning it will make many many players angry. No other bans this far has been so major (well maybe someone with many PTO).

This is a weak argument IMHO. I would gladly rip $100 to pieces to get rid of these decks.

I would just errata Ashurs. One errata to think about is to make Ashurs retrieve only minion cards.

This is not a bad idea. Worth considering.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
23 May 2012 06:27 #31018 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Limit master cards?

With regard to Rod's question, I happen to find [ANI] combat more "interactive" than [OBF]{THA] stealth, which is why I suggested it. Perhaps we just have a different definition of "interactive"

IMO, a significant stealth package is actually designed to avoid table interaction - and head directly to pool loss. Others might say "interactive" is doing something every turn from turn 2 on, even if that interaction is Night Moves bleed that never sees a block. All good, either way, just a question of perspective.

Oh my methuselah, this is so true. Kudos.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
23 May 2012 07:02 #31020 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Limit master cards?

The first TWD entry with Ashur Tablets was from March 25, 2009, created by yours truly. My deck's meager use of them wasn't even close to the abuse by Erik Torstensson/Teemu Sainomaa's Girls will find... deck which brought great upheaval to the World of V:TES a mere 3 days later.

Teemu's first TW version of the deck, without not-then-released Ashurs dates already back to June 17, 2007 and the second version makes a TW entry on September 6th, 2008.

The idea kinda yet didn't make a spash around then.

But adding Ashurs and Liquidations to the mix kinda ups the ante... :)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
23 May 2012 07:07 #31021 by Lönkka

one main problem is that the combo does real mess with game time. But that's ok because it's one of the elements of playing - stealing the time.

Whenever I've been in a table that has had an Ashur deck in it I never recall seeing the Ashur player stealing time. Actually in most instances people tend to dig up the cards for Ashurs pretty quickly.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
23 May 2012 07:12 #31023 by Lönkka

Rush combat is very, very hard to play. If you want to win tables that is, and not just make a crater and ruin the day for 1-2 other players.

Indeed so.
That is why, for example, out of three Swedish Championships two have been won by such a deck! ;)

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds