file Limit master cards?

23 May 2012 08:11 #31035 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Limit master cards?

Taken into account that a.)it´s hard to get enough Tablets to play them, ...

It is easy to obtain Ashur Tablets. I have dozens for sale/trade.

If you personally encounter difficulty parting with money and/or cards in current value to them -- a stance with which I agree -- then that has nothing to do with the world outside your relationship with your pocketbook. :)

fr.ex. I have dozens of Ashur Tablets for sale. PM me.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2012 08:30 #31036 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Limit master cards?

If you truly hate something and don't meta against it, it is no one's fault but yours.

That is the problem: I do meta. We do meta. It´s just not enough!

Sure I can build a rush-deck that build a crater around me and someone cross table win the game.

Sure I can play 10+ Sudden/Wash and Bleeding in each deck - the MMPA-player just laughs, as I make my chances of winning against other decks zero AND he still has 2-3 MMPA:s left after my Sudden.

Sure I play Uncoiling in each deck. Sure I play Erciyes Fragments a lot.

Do you play in a abusive meta at all?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
23 May 2012 08:53 #31037 by Ashur

I saw this kind of conversation few times when it goes about:
pentex, anthelios, lilith's blessing, tupdogs...even direct int...

If you combare Pentex or LB with MMPA you don´t really understand much about this.

Personally I think that there is no need to ban or change some master cards or change master phase. Everything is in every player hands, so "good" players can handle with ashur/liq/villein combo (whatever), "bad" players will always complain (I don't want to offend anybody, but I see that we like to talk about cards, not about some ways of play or some solutions...)

But yet, that is what you do, offend people. I have talked to just about every top player in Sweden, and some others, on this subject - all agree that MMPA:s are very, very strong and that the problem should be adressed _in some way_. So the "bad players"-talk just don´t work this time.

The more I read on this forum, the more I think the problem is that most people don´t play in what I call a "abusive meta", where people play to win, at any cost. The design team/IC/whoever has the power over this game nowadays, have to take the most competitive environment in account (as well as others) when they make decisions. The design team has stated "We are not making "hosers."" - that is why I suggest some kind of rules changes instead.

(As a sidenote, it would be interesting to know why Ashur Tablets was ever printed. All these remarks about who they finally make combat decks playable AND that no combat decks can be played without Tablets makes me worried. I don´t know if the KoT-NDA:s has expired, maybe someone can shed some light on this matter?)

More
23 May 2012 08:56 #31038 by Ashur

Yes, by now we know you don't have Ashur Tablets. Really.

"Arguments" like this really don´t help you, if you´re interested in a serious discussion.

More
23 May 2012 08:59 #31039 by Ashur

If you don't like that example, pick another. Tupdogs were supposedly unbeatable. The same was said of Khazar's Diary decks or really whatever Orian Gissler was playing for a while.

How/why should I pick these other examples, if I don´t think they are adequate for comparison? Khazar´s is strong. Tupdogs create a crater. This has nothing to do with MMPA:s and generic recursion.

More
23 May 2012 10:17 - 23 May 2012 10:19 #31049 by Boris The Blade

(As a sidenote, it would be interesting to know why Ashur Tablets was ever printed. All these remarks about who they finally make combat decks playable AND that no combat decks can be played without Tablets makes me worried. I don´t know if the KoT-NDA:s has expired, maybe someone can shed some light on this matter?)

I was not in any way involved in the KoT design/playtesting, but here is why I brought that up. Combat decks are pretty much the only ones that can reliably empty a 90 card library, so they could really use the kind of massive recursion provided by Ashur Tablets. That is doubly true for :CEL: gun decks that need to get rid of their extra guns and Concealed Weapons mid-game. If there were no MMPA, the cost of 3 MPAs would be high enough to deter most other decks to play Ashur Tablets. It looks like the design process failed to acknowledge that MMPA decks can afford to play much more Tablets than the decks who would need them just not to run out of cards. I believe that Ashur Tablets was conceived as a way to extend the 90 card limit and the potential abuses by Anson & Co were not spotted in the design process.
Last edit: 23 May 2012 10:19 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds