file Misdirections

02 Aug 2012 22:55 - 03 Aug 2012 03:54 #34224 by mirddes
Replied by mirddes on topic Re: Misdirections

Also clearly, your understanding both of how cards work and what effects are balanced is suspect. For example, you proposed a rewrite that would make it cost 4 pool to tap 1 minion , which would in your opinion be "balancing the card". When, quite clearly, it would have made the card so far beyond useless as to be laughable. Yay, 4 pool to tap 1 minion, when I can just play Pentex Subversion for 2 pool.

"tap x for 2x-1 pool where x does not exceed the number of Methuselah in the game"

thats 1 pool for 1 minion, 3 pool for 2 minions, 5 pool for 3 minions, 7 pool for 4 minions, 9 pool for 5minions.

does anything else come close? does anything else do a similar, cheaper job?
has ANYTHING filled the VOID left by the original misdirections?

if i were to place 5 in a deck id be happy with the original card text or this new card text. This is why i ask if other's have placed more than a handful in any TWD.

"Your balance barometer needs calibration."

id like to know how often more than one shows up in TWD, more than 2, and more than 3 and so on.

does secretlibrary offer such a detailed break down?

In what way do you think that would help you?

Many good cards are used in small quantities. Sticking with master cards, it is very common to see Dreams of the Sphinx used in small quantities, and it is an excellent card. Similarly, Week of Nightmares is often only 1, maybe 2 copies - also excellent.

Roughly speaking, many players with 90 card decks will be aiming for something like 15-20 master cards - the high end if they have more trifles, possibly more if they have tricks like Anson or The Parthenon, lower if they churn through cards rapidly like some combat decks do. Quite a few of these will be taken up by pool gain - Villein, Doll, Vessel etc. It is often quite difficult to find space for many copies of other master cards, unless you have a specific trick in mind (e.g. many copies of Anarch Revolt). Since "new" Misdirection is good but doesn't lend itself towards a trick deck, and competes with pool gain, you're unlikely to find people stacking great wodges of it.

Yet, like many other master cards found in low quantities, it can still be played to great effect - Ventrue HQ, an intercept location (there are several to choose from), Direct Intervention, Pentex Subversion etc. are all cards that leap out at me when paging through the TWDA, often played in very small (1-2) quantities.

in its proposed form a single misdirection would be played no differently than it is currently. NO _difference_ what so ever.. However it retains some of the potential of the orginal; in a pinch you may tap 2 or even 3 minions. ( dunno if people would risk tapping more)

between having 5 that only tap 1 each and having none, id choose none; For a MASTER DECK. 3-4 of "tap x for 2x-1 pool where x does not exceed the number of Methuselah in the game" would be well worth inclusion, especially in a master deck

9 pool is a huge cost, might pay off with a sucessful oust/sweep.
at the same time if you fail you are EASILY ousted.
Last edit: 03 Aug 2012 03:54 by mirddes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2012 23:19 #34225 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Misdirections
James. What are you trying to demonstrate ? It took you two pages to talk like a polite human being, and then you start talking like a robot. Stop poisoning the threads with accusations of deception and lying, please. It's not doing a favor to anyone.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
The following user(s) said Thank You: mirddes

More
03 Aug 2012 05:59 - 03 Aug 2012 06:05 #34235 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Misdirections

James. What are you trying to demonstrate ? It took you two pages to talk like a polite human being, and then you start talking like a robot. Stop poisoning the threads with accusations of deception and lying, please. It's not doing a favor to anyone.

No, indeed, it would have helped greatly if mirddes had not started out with his deception and lying, I quite agree, thus making pointing it out unnecessary.

Also, given that you spend your time actively poisoning forums with your position as King Troll, you are not in a position to lecture anyone. You actively, repeatedly set out to poison discussions because you get your jollies out of trolling. Hypocrisy, thy name is Reyda.
Last edit: 03 Aug 2012 06:05 by jamesatzephyr.

More
03 Aug 2012 06:04 #34237 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Misdirections

does anything else come close? does anything else do a similar, cheaper job?
has ANYTHING filled the VOID left by the original misdirections?

There is no void.

The original card's effect was incredibly strong. Removing its effect was not creating a void that needs to be filled, it was removing an anomoly that was actively harmful.

What you are arguing for is not filling a void, because there is no void. Original Misdirection's effect is not needed.

It is certainly not going to be recreated by errata-ing the card, because that's not how V:TES works or has ever worked. Campaigning for errata to a card that is already good will not help you, or achieve your result, in any way shape or form.

More
03 Aug 2012 06:49 - 03 Aug 2012 06:50 #34242 by mirddes
Replied by mirddes on topic Re: Misdirections
I do not appreciate being accused of deception and lying. i have pointed interested readers to the original thread at the start of this thread.

what cards tap 2 or 3 minions (for any cost)?

without such cards existing, i argue a void does indeed exist.
Last edit: 03 Aug 2012 06:50 by mirddes.

More
03 Aug 2012 07:31 #34246 by Damnans
Replied by Damnans on topic Re: Misdirections

I do not appreciate being accused of deception and lying. i have pointed interested readers to the original thread at the start of this thread.

what cards tap 2 or 3 minions (for any cost)?

without such cards existing, i argue a void does indeed exist.

Name: Command the Legion
[LotN:R]
Cardtype: Action
Cost: X blood
Discipline: Dominate
[dom] Tap X-1 allies or younger vampires.
[DOM] As above, but one of the minions may be the same age or older.
Artist: Jeff Laubenstein

Name: Condemn the Sins of the Father
[LotN:R]
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Quietus
+1 stealth action.
[qui] Choose a clan. All younger vampires of that clan are tapped. Vampires of the chosen clan may attempt to block (in addition to the normally eligible blockers).
[QUI] As above, and each younger vampire of the chosen clan burns 1 blood.
Artist: Veronica Jones

Name: Consanguineous Condemnation
[Jyhad:C, VTES:C]
Cardtype: Political Action
Choose a clan. Successful referendum taps all vampires of that clan.
Artist: L. A. Williams

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mirddes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds