file Weenie BruiseBleed

07 Aug 2012 14:47 #34413 by nekojosh
Weenie BruiseBleed was created by nekojosh
So, I've been dealing lately with a table on which the metagame relays mostly on weenie vampires using long range to bruise bleed. What would be a good method to counter it? I was thinking using an Assamites deck with lots of maneuvers and aggravated damage but i don't know... Also though about using Spirit Marionette + Heidelberg Castle to steal their equipments. I'm open to any suggestions.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2012 14:56 #34414 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Weenie BruiseBleed

So, I've been dealing lately with a table on which the metagame relays mostly on weenie vampires using long range to bruise bleed. What would be a good method to counter it? I was thinking using an Assamites deck with lots of maneuvers and aggravated damage but i don't know... Also though about using Spirit Marionette + Heidelberg Castle to steal their equipments. I'm open to any suggestions.
Thanks

If you really want to wreck their game you might want to either oust them through votes, or deal with their equipment otherwise. There are a lot of political actions that burn equipment or deal loads of pool damage for them. You could try that, in addition to basic KRCs. But it might be fun to play a wallish deck with some rushes, loads of manouvers and Fast Hands. Auspex and Celerity comes to mind, but the basic blocking mechanisms can be handled with Assamites and Gangrel Antitribu as well. Celerity's a very versatile discipline, and if you're really up to wrecking your mates' game, stealing their every gun could work. :) Show them not to mess with you.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
07 Aug 2012 14:58 - 07 Aug 2012 14:58 #34415 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: Weenie BruiseBleed
How to beat long-range bruise: Earth Meld .

How to beat bleed: Deflection .

If you provide more specifics about the decks you face, we can provide more specific advice.

:trem:
Last edit: 07 Aug 2012 14:58 by Dorrinal.

More
07 Aug 2012 17:12 - 07 Aug 2012 17:14 #34422 by nekojosh
Replied by nekojosh on topic Re: Weenie BruiseBleed
Well the decks I'm dealing with are loaded on Bum's Rush, .44 Magnums, and Traps. The thing is... they are using the old Jyhad card for Trap and they are playing the card in a weird way, or maybe is me that I'm not interpreting it properly.
This is the one they are using

They play the trap card as it states, before range is chosen, and then they state that 3 round will pass without neither of us playing cards so this mostly what happens...

Combat begins, Trap comes out... now I'm in a lockdown and can't play any cards during the combat(according to how they are playing the card) they maneuver to long range using the .44 Magnum and since, usually, I don't have any maneuvers they hit my minions 2R on each of the 3 rounds given by the trap to deal a total of 6R damage and if you didn't have any ranged weapon you can't deal any damage to the opponent's minion.

I know that Trap text has been updated to explain how it is supposed to be used and it should be "Only usable before range is determined on the first round of combat.
During the press step, if any Methuselah has played a card earlier in the current round or during the two previous rounds, the Trap automatically provides a press to continue (either combatant can press to end)."

So that's with what I'm dealing mostly...
Last edit: 07 Aug 2012 17:14 by nekojosh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
07 Aug 2012 17:13 #34423 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Weenie BruiseBleed
I'll focus on single-card "counters":

Outside the Hourglass will damage them before they run to long.

Slam, et.al., will maneuver back and hit them.

There are plenty of non-maneuver Guns to choose from (Combat Shotgun, Sawed-Off Shotgun, Desert Eagle, Mark V) to make them pay.

Unflinching Persistence will maneuver you back and prevent 1.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
07 Aug 2012 17:29 - 07 Aug 2012 17:30 #34424 by brandonsantacruz

Combat begins, Trap comes out... now I'm in a lockdown and can't play any cards during the combat(according to how they are playing the card)

They are playing the card in a way that AFAIK was never legal. Trap does not affect the cards you can play, it only sets a condition for the round getting a press: that unless combat has gone three consecutive rounds without a card being played, there is a press to continue.

Just play S:CE and you've got em.

Edit: Better yet, play obedience. They only get to cycle their Bum's Rush, so they should choke on red cards in short order.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 07 Aug 2012 17:30 by brandonsantacruz.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds