file Weenie BruiseBleed

07 Aug 2012 17:40 - 07 Aug 2012 17:42 #34425 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: Weenie BruiseBleed
Strike: Combat Ends or aggravated damage will take care of the traps. If they are using fortitude, then combat ends is good.

Majesty or Earth Meld are recommended because they untap you, good for defense or offense. (untapping gives you another action on your turn, or another blocker otherwise.)

Kraus' suggestion of votes is probably a good idea. Autarkis Persecution, Peace Treaty come to mind.

Take a look at "Atonement." It's a great card for a mid-cap blocking deck dealing with weenies. Blocking the "bum's rush" is basically worth a maneuver. In which case, I would try to destroy/steal their equipment (Canine Hordes, Fast Hands, Shattering Blow), or do unpreventable damage (Theft of Vitae, Blood Sweat etc.)

There are a couple of cards that would negate damage, either ranged damage or weapon damage. Soul Burn and Mayaparisatya come to mind.

Burst of Sunlight and Rotschreck is an amazing combination. (or Disguised Weapon a Flamethrower, Improvised Flamethrower or Ivory Bow, and use Rotschreck) Against a weenie deck, you want to time it well... use it on their last action so they don't have a minion that can take a rescue action.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.
Last edit: 07 Aug 2012 17:42 by direwolf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2012 17:56 #34426 by TorranceCircle

Combat begins, Trap comes out... now I'm in a lockdown and can't play any cards during the combat(according to how they are playing the card)

They are playing the card incorrectly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
07 Aug 2012 18:19 #34427 by TorranceCircle
Kraus and Direwolf have some good ideas if you want to use votes. some other possible votes are "can't take it with you" and neonate breach.

Strike: combat ends cards! Use them shamelessly!

Temptation + Heidelberg may also work to steal equipment and blood.

Cards that end combat before it begins: obedience, voice of madness, mental maze.

Voice of madness and mental maze deal damage which will be painful for weenie decks.

More
07 Aug 2012 18:21 #34428 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Weenie BruiseBleed
Trap dies when you conterpress.

Also, like stated previously, your pals are SO totally misreading how Trap works.

If Presses or Combat Ends aren't available try using my favourite, Molotov Coctail.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
07 Aug 2012 19:20 #34431 by nekojosh
Replied by nekojosh on topic Re: Weenie BruiseBleed
I'm aware that they are playing Trap the wrong way, me and another one from the group has tried to explain that to them yet they won't listen.

Thanks to everyone for their advices I'll take a look at the cards and strategies suggested and see which works better for me. Thanks once again

More
07 Aug 2012 22:13 #34437 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Weenie BruiseBleed
Vignes , is what you want.

Edward Vignes and the deck popularized by Ruben Feldman would be near ideal in that environment.

You may burn a card that requires Dominate from your hand to cause an action directed at Edward to fail.

Also, Police Department , Hawg , and Dark Influences .

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds