file Nerfing Giant's blood

07 Nov 2012 18:47 - 07 Nov 2012 18:48 #40534 by Reyda
Nerfing Giant's blood was created by Reyda
As stated in another thread, giant's blood being unique is often a lottery : "who will get 10 free pools ? place your bets !"

So, in the same way 5th tradition hospitality was once nerfed (and almost everyone admitted that it was completely appropriate), why not nerf giant's blood ?

Yes we all know that the card has been around for the beginning of the game, but the environnment was different then.

Giant's blood could give 5 blood to a vampire. That would be already powerful. Or, Giant's blood could also refill a vamp up to half cap, rounded up. So the gain, even on an 8 cap could be already on par with jake washington without the "entrancement risky"-turn.

The 5 blood solution is simple, elegant. easy to remember.

We can also make giant's blood a transient event (like "breaking news : giant's blood discovery !" which would be played as a discard and trigger next turn) But I admit that would change the nature of the card too much.

I don't know how to open a Poll, but else I would do it.

do you think Giant's blood for 5 blood is already quite good ?

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 07 Nov 2012 18:48 by Reyda.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2012 18:53 #40535 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood
Let's be honest : I would better see it banned. It's never the cornerstone of a deck, so it won't be missed, and it will make games less random.

The idea of having a non-trifle and more potent Life in the city can be useful, but I believe it would be another card entirely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
07 Nov 2012 19:02 #40536 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood
I wouldn't mind if GB could be used only on a, let's say, a vampire of capacity of 8 or lower...but I also wouldn't mind those previous suggestions, GB giving set amount of blood back.

More
07 Nov 2012 19:10 #40537 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood

So the gain, even on an 8 cap could be already on par with jake washington without the "entrancement risky"-turn.

Jake also requires your vampire to be empty in your untap phase. Significantly harder to accomplish than during your master phase.

Other than that, I agree with Ohlmann.

More
07 Nov 2012 19:26 #40542 by DeathInABottle

Let's be honest : I would better see it banned. It's never the cornerstone of a deck, so it won't be missed, and it will make games less random.

I don't mind a bit of random, to be honest.

Haven't we talked about GB enough already? The last poll result suggests that 80% of us are fine with the card as is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

More
07 Nov 2012 19:55 #40546 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood
It was one year ago. The metagame shifted during this year, and we had continental championship to show how games last longer because of GB and maxvilleins... no ?

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds