file Nerfing Giant's blood

07 Nov 2012 20:30 #40550 by dude_PL
Replied by dude_PL on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood
I think the poll result is more about reluctance towards change in general, especially when the game is almost 20 years old. Then again, I might be wrong, it's just my impression.

GB itself is fine, it's Villein + GB that is a problem. Yes the situation is retarded, yes it's a race of who plays it first, but I think it's not just the BG issue, it's the whole "let's see who plays more master cards today" thing that needs reworking. Just saying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2012 02:03 #40562 by brandonsantacruz

Let's be honest : I would better see it banned. It's never the cornerstone of a deck, so it won't be missed, and it will make games less random.

I don't mind a bit of random, to be honest.

Haven't we talked about GB enough already? The last poll result suggests that 80% of us are fine with the card as is.

I forgot that it was such a strong preference, wow! I was probably one of the ones who said that it was fine at the time. Since then, I've seen it create huge swings in games that were really messed up (other than even pool). I might be in support of limiting it to four or so blood. Gaining *some* blood isn't bad and helps big cap decks. Once per game would still be fine, I think it would still see play about as often as before. Not reprinting the card with errata would be a problem, however.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
08 Nov 2012 05:20 #40571 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood
Reyda, I like your idea. It's simple and curbs some of the abuses.

Personally I like Giant's Blood as it is, but then again, I don't play multi-Villein fatty decks. I play Giant's Blood in decks that use a large-cap superstar fighter or blocker. GB can really help a lot in that kind of game. It's horrible to see someone doing the Villein/GB combo, though.

I think GB also deserves a review because it is an auto-include. It's not interesting game design when a card is or should be included in every deck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis, Reyda

More
08 Nov 2012 05:39 #40575 by Khaan
Replied by Khaan on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood
GB is far from an autoinclude in any deck. Dreams fits that description much better.

Lackeyname: Kris

More
08 Nov 2012 05:46 - 08 Nov 2012 05:47 #40578 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood

GB is far from an autoinclude in any deck. Dreams fits that description much better.

I play it even in decks that don't specifically rely on villein. In my weenie/midcap fast decks, there is always a Giant's blood just to be able to pay it as soon as it's drawn so no one gains 10 blood from it. Honest.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 08 Nov 2012 05:47 by Reyda.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis, Vlad, Lech

More
08 Nov 2012 06:27 - 08 Nov 2012 07:57 #40579 by Chaitan
Replied by Chaitan on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood

Giants blood can not be used on a vampire who has lost blood during the last untap or master phase.

edit:

Giants blood can not be used on a vampire who has lost blood this turn.

Last edit: 08 Nov 2012 07:57 by Chaitan.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds