file Nerfing Giant's blood

06 Feb 2013 14:13 #44899 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood

Ohlmann, your opinion should have ended at the end of the second paragraph. Why the need to add condescending (and honestly half insulting) stuff ? He suggested something silly, so what ? You demonstrated why it is a bad suggestion, end of story.

The third paragraph is the conclusion of the second one, and add the fact that I don't believe it correct the issue at hand either. Grail specifically said that the details could be adjusted ; in this regard, the fact that I don't think it fix the issue is as important as the supposed bad effect. I could have gone a bit longer to indicate why the idea is unredeemable in my idea.

The fourth one indicate why the supposed goal is not even something to fix. In my opinion, it was necessary because, in addition to disagreeing with the fix, I disagree with the problem ; it's not like I said it on the first post, and if Grail need insight in why I find the idea stupid, it is a useful piece of information (I can agree that it's hard to find a satisfactory fix for an unacknownledged problem).

The "condescending and half insulting" tone is subjective ; but even if you believe that criticizing ideas is the same as critisizing the one who have it, it was strictly on a game-level term ; it did not even call the idea retarded, disabled, or your expletive of choice, just that it was a bad idea. If "condescending" mean "explaining your opinion", then condescending is a good thing in my opinion.

Also, it's not like you never show your emotion on forums either, Reyda :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2013 15:03 #44901 by ReverendRevolver
Why is it that a few vocal forum users want to change core rules of the game but nobody ever mentions the absolute only rediculous part of the rules: strike priority. Dodging and sce both are "faster" than first strike, which makes first strike way weaker than it would have been, and doesnt make sense when tiedd to the fluff.

From a balance standpoint, MAYBE some sce, like earth meld, form of mist, force of personality, and anything gargoyle could trump first strike, along with dodges that use cel, aus, tha, obf, chi, etc.

But from both a balance and fluff standpoint, why can carlton dodge ur-shugli shadow feighnting, and how does jayne joneston cook up a majesty to trump enkidu shadow feighnting to punch said minion into paste?

Never made sense to me. First strike only means canine horde realy beats guns, eleimilech comas first, and ruth mcginley uses a dragonsbreath satuday night special before getting sewer lidded(unless any of yhose hings get dodged).

As for vamp contesting, as is works. If changed to give you the vamp for your turn, only aksinya is fixed. Maryanne bloats, anson gives mmpas, and 2nd trad walls using those bamps are the only ones hirt by contesting.

More
06 Feb 2013 15:25 #44902 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood

1) Ban Giant's Blood
2) Make it mandatory to fetch a skillcard with Lilith's Blessing
3) Ban Anthelios.

Add some kind of sensible fix for Tablets (ban/make them clan(s) specific/whatever) to this list and you have my vote!

More
06 Feb 2013 15:41 #44903 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood

The "condescending and half insulting" tone is subjective

Listen man, I don't know what life gave to you, if you managed to make lemonade or anything, but 100% of your post are dripping rancid ichor. Someone had to tell you.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
06 Feb 2013 15:48 - 06 Feb 2013 15:49 #44904 by Boris The Blade

Why is it that a few vocal forum users want to change core rules of the game but nobody ever mentions the absolute only rediculous part of the rules: strike priority.

Because the influence on game balance is close to 0. There is pretty much only one clan with access to it, and even them have much more pressing issues at hand such as ousting power and defense.
Last edit: 06 Feb 2013 15:49 by Boris The Blade.

More
06 Feb 2013 15:56 #44905 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood

But from both a balance and fluff standpoint, why can carlton dodge ur-shugli shadow feighnting, and how does jayne joneston cook up a majesty to trump enkidu shadow feighnting to punch said minion into paste?

Because to dodge IRL you would need to anticipate someone's strike first. Same in VTES, dodging has higher priority, since minion anticipates the other minion's strike whenever it happens. That's for the logic part.

For the balance part, the best part for first strike is that if you kill in one strike, you suffer no retaliation. That's it, I bet it was meant to be so and it is. There are anti S:CE cards for CE, additional strikes/presses for dodges, etc. Why would the metagame need to op first strike?

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds