file Nerfing Giant's blood

08 Nov 2012 11:33 #40621 by DeathInABottle

Oh please, the opportunity cost of that is ridiculous.

I put several SR in bleed and vote decks that are more concerned with their prey gaining pool than with some Master-related benefit. It's a strategy that works well. I would put two copies of Wash in every one of my decks if I owned more copies, since the opportunity cost is ridiculously low. And both cards have the added benefit of working against Master cards other than just Villein/LB/GB/your-irritating-flavor-of-the-week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2012 11:42 #40624 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood

GB is far from an autoinclude in any deck. Dreams fits that description much better.

Then I think I have a fairly simple tip for you to increase all your deck's chances at winning tables: include a Giant's Blood, if only to deny your prey 10 pool.

I put several SR in bleed and vote decks that are more concerned with their prey gaining pool than with some Master-related benefit. It's a strategy that works well. I would put two copies of Wash in every one of my decks if I owned more copies, since the opportunity cost is ridiculously low. And both cards have the added benefit of working against Master cards other than just Villein/LB/GB/your-irritating-flavor-of-the-week.

Two copies of Wash won't do you any good. Especially since it only works on predator or prey and the last thing you want as a bleed deck is your second prey gaining 10 pool. That's even worse than your first prey getting it.

I mean, I too have a bleed deck that runs *eight* Suddens. Sure, that can usually shut down Villeins. That doesn't make it easy to meta against, because the VAST majority of decks need their own MPA to function.

Sudden (and Wash even more) has a massive opportunity cost. Yes, people will always play masters but you are giving up your (generally) most powerful play of the turn to *maybe* cancel a GB.

More
08 Nov 2012 11:44 #40625 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood
Good master package for a s+b deck: 8 Suddens, 2 Dreams.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: CryWolf

More
08 Nov 2012 11:49 #40627 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood

Wash does not work too well against Villein && Zillah Valley, because it tend to just make people play more copy of thoses cards ; and if the number become ridiculous, then Anthelios will cycle them. In fact, Wash work well for unique master, like Information Highway or intercept master, but not too well against other thing once people have adaptated.

Sudden Reversal do work, but it's also extremely expensive, since it shut down not only your regular MPA, but it also deny you trifle for the next turn.

More
08 Nov 2012 12:23 #40633 by DeathInABottle
Sure, Wash isn't a perfect defense, but it's far from useless. Denying your predator or prey the occasional vital Master card is strong. If your meta reacts to the introduction of Wash by ramping up Master cards, fine: let them choke on Masters or run a deck that requires MPAs. If they do that, you have a very narrow and predictable range of decks to plot against.

The reason that I'm so insistent about the utility of Wash with regard to GB is because it's also incredibly useful with regard to every other Master card in the game.

One other thing: I also want to make it clear that there are players in the VTES community who don't think that the game needs or should have errata, but I think that they generally don't get heard. Those of you complaining about GB are squeaky wheels, but I don't think you need grease when there are so many others spinning just fine.

More
08 Nov 2012 12:25 - 08 Nov 2012 12:26 #40634 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Nerfing Giant's blood

One other thing: I also want to make it clear that there are players in the VTES community who don't think that the game needs or should have errata, but I think that they generally don't get heard.

They get heard. For example, the complete absence of power level errata from the last batch, after a lengthy discussion on multiples card.

There were only technical errata (to make card work more smoothly), and the change to villein that does not change any existing deck, just make other possible.

Don't try to make us believe that everybody that don't speak agree with you. People fine with the state of the game show it plenty enough, and the errata show they are heard.
Last edit: 08 Nov 2012 12:26 by Ohlmann.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AaronC

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds